RE: [google-admob-ads-sdk] 21.5.0 breaks BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast?

Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 16, 2023, 4:47:47 AM2/16/23
to netl...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

To further look into this issue, would you kindly send us a sample of your apps with AdMob SDK versions 21.5.0 and 21.4.0 privately? You can provide the following details via reply privately to author option or directly provide it to the link below.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002j0jnNQAQ&entry.80707362=00167495

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Zoilo Isagani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2j0jnN:ref

markoschala70

Feb 16, 2023, 5:17:14 AM2/16/23
to markos kebede, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my Galaxy
--

---
Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 16, 2023, 10:16:29 AM2/16/23
to netl...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for the information you provided. Upon testing, we replicated the issue you mentioned. We will now forward this information to a wider team to provide assistance on this. We will update you on once we have further investigated the issue.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 27, 2023, 11:52:49 AM2/27/23
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, netl...@gmail.com

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. To resolve your issue, we recommend adding

<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    package="com.x.myapplication" xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools">

    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" tools:node="merge" />

to your manifest file.

Thanks,
Justin

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2j0jnN:ref
Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 28, 2023, 9:46:41 AM2/28/23
to netl...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for your question. The added code snippet is the fix for versions >= 21.5.0. You can upgrade your SDK to the latest version and should see the same behavior after adding that your manifest file.