House Ads Not Showing At All

Ken Carpenter

Mar 5, 2014, 1:20:56 AM3/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I've created some house ads, but none of them are showing.

I tried an impression goal ad and an eCPM ad.

I set the impression goal ad to show 10 million times with an end date of one year.  Never saw the ad.

I set the eCPM ad to $1.00, while the others are all $0.01.  Never saw the ad.

I found the post where someone had a similar problem caused by their AdSense account being inactive, so I checked that and it was inactive.  So I took the steps to reactivate it nearly 2 days ago.

Still no views.  I created the ads a couple of days ago, so it's not a propagation time issue.

I tried removing the app being advertised from my devices, but still see nothing.

After two days and thousands of installs of the app in which the ad should appear, there are zero impressions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

J Yoo

Mar 5, 2014, 7:23:00 AM3/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem on Android, no idea why it's not working.  Same settings for two campaigns, one targeting iOS and Android.  Impressions are showing up on iOS but not on Android.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jasmine

Eric Leichtenschlag

Mar 5, 2014, 5:01:05 PM3/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
@Ken, For testing purposes, can you also upload a 320x50 in addition to a 640x100, and also set your targeting to all iOS devices? I'm curious if the 640x100 isn't getting recognized as a high-res 320x50 and therefore there isn't an inventory issue. Also, one of your campaigns doesn't have any creatives associated with it.

@Jasmine, is your AdMob account associated with a different email account than the one you've posted with?

Thanks,
Eric

British Council_Jasmine

Mar 11, 2014, 4:06:29 AM3/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
for
(This is Jasmine).  Yes, that's right.  I'm now commenting with the email that my Admob account is associated with.  Still not seeing Android House ads for either impression or eCPM type of campaigns.  Also, is it possible to export csvs by Campaigns?  It looks like I can pull out a CSV for Admob mediation in general, and add in a dimension such as Mediation Ad Source, but that doesn't tell me what specific (House Ad) campaign those impressions / clicks are for.

Looking forward to your reply, thanks Eric!

Jasmine

J Yoo

Mar 11, 2014, 5:31:58 AM3/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Yes that's correct.  For some reason I am unable to post messages using the email my Admob account is linked to, my reply automatically gets deleted....

Jasmine

Eric Leichtenschlag

Mar 12, 2014, 1:31:41 PM3/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
HI Jasmine,

The groups post deletion is a Google groups-related issue, but it's up now.

I looked at your account, and I do see some of your impression house ad goals getting some fill. Basically I'm noticing the following two common issues with your current setup:

1. Your eCPM-targeted campaigns all seem to have ended or are paused, so those line items aren't getting any fill.
2. The impression-house ad campaigns I believe try to keep even daily impressions over the course over the campaign to meet your goal, so it is not guaranteed to fill every time. But I do see some impressions.

Thanks,
Eric

British Council_Jasmine

Mar 24, 2014, 9:47:03 AM3/24/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Thanks for taking a look.

1. I just set up a new eCPM camp on Android and I'm not seeing any impressions (pls see campaign titled "LEAV eCPM campaign").  Is there something wrong here?

2.  For Impression Goal campaigns - I understand it's set to show impressions evenly, but I thought that if I set an impossibly high number of impressions as my goal, it would just force the ad unit to display the ads 100% of the time (because even at that fill rate, it would still not meet my goal).  Is that true?  My impression campaigns targeting are still running, I've seen 0 impressions since early March.

Thanks again,

Jasmine

Eric Leichtenschlag

Mar 24, 2014, 6:34:20 PM3/24/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jasmine,

I just tested the ad unit associated with your LEAV eCPM campaign and I got your house ad back. The house ad is for a 728x90. Are you making a 728x90 request? Are you running this from the US where the campaign is targeted?

I would also assume that a ridiculously high # impressions is about the equivalent to an eCPM level goal that serves first. I just haven't thoroughly tried out the impression goal campaign myself, but I've had success at the eCPM level getting fill every time.

Thanks,
Eric

And Developer

Jun 19, 2014, 12:05:50 PM6/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, kenc...@gmail.com
I'm having the exact same problem, did you ever got an answer back?

Thank you.

Luis

And Developer

Jun 19, 2014, 12:27:55 PM6/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, kenc...@gmail.com
 I have my house ads setup properly, and I am getting 0 impressions.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jun 19, 2014, 2:40:05 PM6/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, kenc...@gmail.com
@Luis try setting up billing. Even though house ads don't charge you, house ads are internally set up inside AdWords, and AdWords is warning that billing isn't set up for your account.

Luis Salcedo

Jun 19, 2014, 11:23:51 PM6/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I tried several time to set my billing information and I get the following error, and I never get a chance to see what is wrong, this is become to know as Google way of doing things.

Your billing information is temporarily unavailable.
At this time, we are unable to provide information regarding your billing information or history on either the Billing Preferences or Billing Summary pages. However, please note that you can still access information unrelated to billing from the menu at the top of any page within your account.

Thank you for your patience. Please check back soon for your updated billing information.

Sorry, but the lack of attention to detail is frustrating when I try to work with any Google service.

Thank you for your help

Luis Salcedo.

--

---

Tobias Gees

Mar 25, 2015, 9:12:30 AM3/25/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, kenc...@gmail.com
I have a similar problem like Ken. I've created two campaigns with house ads and none of them are showing.

I set up one campaign with an impression goal and one without.

I uploaded new ads in the sizes 640 x 100 and 320 x 50 px and still there are no ads showing.

Thank you for your help

Tobias

Albert Gazetdinov

Mar 26, 2015, 4:47:07 AM3/26/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, kenc...@gmail.com
Send a few dollars to your account in AdWords