The Google Mobile Ads SDK will not integrate with Firebase.

Boris Turtle

Jul 31, 2018, 7:55:14 AM7/31/18
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi im getting these two errors in logcat:

W/Ads: Invoke Firebase method getInstance error.
W/Ads: The Google Mobile Ads SDK will not integrate with Firebase. Admob/Firebase integration requires the latest Firebase SDK jar, but Firebase SDK is either missing or out of date

I know one of my modules in the project is using firebase but i disabled it. (at least what i could).
I'm successfully showing ads with sample/debug id's from the official guide i don't have real admob id yet.

My question is:
Is this error going to prevent me from showing real ads or is it just using reflection finding firebase and reporting that it's failing?

mobileadssdk-a...@google.com

Jul 31, 2018, 3:01:57 PM7/31/18
to Boris Turtle, Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Boris,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you follow both these guidelines -
And then let us know? I would suggest that you start with our sample apps and see if you are able to integrate. Mobile Ads SDK is no longer bundled with Firebase and you would have to integrate it separately.

Regards,
Deepika Uragayala
Mobile Ads SDK Team
Also find us on our blog and Google+ page:
    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com
    https://plus.google.com/115658573333388777174/

On 07/31/18 07:55:14 vao...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi im getting these two errors in logcat:

W/Ads: Invoke Firebase method getInstance error.
W/Ads: The Google Mobile Ads SDK will not integrate with Firebase. Admob/Firebase integration requires the latest Firebase SDK jar, but Firebase SDK is either missing or out of date

I know one of my modules in the project is using firebase but i disabled it. (at least what i could).
I'm successfully showing ads with sample/debug id's from the official guide i don't have real admob id yet.

My question is:
Is this error vital for showing real ads or is it just using reflection finding firebase and reporting that it's failing?

--

---

Boris Turtle

Aug 1, 2018, 4:06:42 AM8/1/18
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks for a reply Deepika

This does not answer my question.

mobileadssdk-a...@google.com

Aug 1, 2018, 3:19:27 PM8/1/18
to Boris Turtle, Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Boris,

The error that you have noticed is only specific to Firebase and will not impact the ads from being served in your app. You will be able to fetch live ads to your app without any issues.

Regards,
Deepika Uragayala
Mobile Ads SDK Team