iOS App Got Rejected

Rahul Pandey

Nov 26, 2014, 1:09:13 AM11/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I added Admob in my iOS Apps and submitted to the App Store. Yesterday, my app got rejected and the reason given by apple is -

We found that your app and/or its metadata contains inappropriate or irrelevant platform information, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we noticed the App's Ads references Nexus/Android products.

Providing future platform compatibility plans, or other general platform references, is not appropriate in the context of the App Store. It would be appropriate to remove this information.

Should I remove the Admob from the app?

Andrew Brogdon (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Nov 26, 2014, 1:46:56 PM11/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I can't imagine Apple suddenly decided to ban AdMob from iOS apps without warning anyone.  We were recently found to be the most popular SDK on their platform (http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/19/apptopias-new-service-is-a-builtwith-for-apps/), so there would be a lot of angry developers if they tried to do something like that.

This forum is just for technical questions about the AdMob SDK, so I really can't comment intelligently on Apple's policies.  I can say that there are thousands of apps in the App Store right now that use our SDK, though.

-Andrew

gws

Nov 26, 2014, 3:14:20 PM11/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Apple has a policy against ads running on their devices that try to convert their users over to other platforms (e.g. Android). Your problem was likely not Admob per se but that at the time that your app was reviewed, the network happened to deliver an Android ad.

While you can agree or disagree with Apple's policies, you have to comply with them if you distribute apps via the App Store. So I would put a blacklist for Android/Nexus and resubmit the app.

Rahul Pandey

Nov 27, 2014, 8:20:39 AM11/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I also thought that during reviewing process some Android related Ads would have been displayed. That's why I remove most of the categories from Admob for displaying ad until the app is approved.