Question about displaying interstitial ads

Ronak Manglani

Jun 23, 2014, 10:32:06 AM6/23/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I want ads to be displayed when user exits the app (working with WP8). But when I call the "LoadAd" method at the end, it takes 5-6 seconds for the ad to load and then I call the "ShowAd" method to display it. But I do not want this 5-6 second lag.
Instead, I am calling the LoadAd method when the app first boots and the ShowAd method is called when user presses the back key on the main page .(i.e. whenhe exits) This makes the ad display without any lag. Its working fine but I want to ask whether it will cause any problems? Will it count as extra fake impressions if the ad is loaded but never displayed? I do not want that

Ronak Manglani

Jun 24, 2014, 4:12:12 AM6/24/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
No one knows?

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jul 2, 2014, 5:21:39 PM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronak,

What you're doing is great, and in line with our best practices. When you load the ad, it counts as a request, but it doesn't count as an impression until you call ShowAd.

Amy Quispe

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:12:12 AM UTC-7, Ronak Manglani wrote:
No one knows?