Appstore Rejection for not being Able to find ATT

Shahzad Ahsan

May 8, 2024, 6:38:58 AMMay 8
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Guys,

Following is the rejection I got from Apple
We're looking forward to completing our review, but we need more information to continue. Your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework, but we are unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request when reviewed on iOS 17.4.1.

I have checked it on Simulator and on real device the ATT prompt always show up.

what can be wrong here, I am calling the consent Manager from my initial view controller .

Regards,
Shahzad Ahsan.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 8, 2024, 8:37:46 AMMay 8
to myappsd...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shahzad Ahsan.

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK Support team.

Make sure to update your Info.plist to add the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription key with a custom message describing your usage. For Ex:
<key>NSUserTrackingUsageDescription</key>
<string>This identifier will be used to deliver personalized ads to you.</string>

If you decide to include App Tracking Transparency(ATT) in your app, you can use the User Messaging Platform (UMP) SDK to trigger an IDFA explainer that gives users some context of why you're asking for this permission. Be aware that the usage of the UMP SDK affects all users of your app. If you aren't using the UMP SDK, the Request App Tracking Transparency authorization shows you how to implement the OS-level ATT authorization request manually. Also, refer to privacy strategies for iOS to decide whether Apple's ATT prompt is right for your app

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tIulb:ref" (ADR-00234127)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Shahzad Ahsan

May 10, 2024, 12:53:46 AMMay 10
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
My App does contain.

<key>NSUserTrackingUsageDescription</key>

<string>This identifier will be used to deliver personalized ads to you.</string>

I already have an App using same UMP SDK code and all settings and it's approved.

Is it possible that the ATT helper message that appears before ATT message is some how suppeersing the ATT dialog

I have checked it on multiple OS and devices and simulators on all it displays the ATT message as follows

Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 15 - 2024-05-08 at 10.55.52.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 10, 2024, 7:21:22 AMMay 10
to myappsd...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shahzad Ahsan.,

Thank you for contacting us.

I've raised this issue to the team, I will keep you posted on the same once I have an update. Meanwhile, your patience is important.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 27, 2024, 9:03:00 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, myappsd...@gmail.com
Hi Shahzad,

This issue has been fixed now and changes will be available in next release, Kindly keep an eye on iOS release history

Thanks