Admob Interstitial ad is not clickable

Venkatramanan

Oct 5, 2014, 6:54:02 AM10/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

I am trying to show admob interstitial ad at the end of the application when user presses back button from the main activity. Ad is shown, but the ad is not clickable. My code is

I put loading part at the activity onCreate :

        interstitial = new InterstitialAd(getApplicationContext());
        interstitial.setAdUnitId("Ad UNIT ID");

        // Create ad request.
        AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder()
                .addTestDevice(AdRequest.DEVICE_ID_EMULATOR).build();

        // Begin loading your interstitial.
        interstitial.loadAd(adRequest);

and in OnBackPressed :

@Override
    public void onBackPressed() {
        super.onBackPressed();
        displayInterstitial();
    }

  protected void displayInterstitial() {
    Log.d(TAG, "start displayInterstitial()");
    if (null != interstitial && interstitial.isLoaded()) {
        Log.d(TAG, "displayInterstitial() loaded");
        interstitial.show();
    }
    Log.d(TAG, "end displayInterstitial()");
}

Can anyone please help me to fix this issue?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Oct 6, 2014, 9:03:37 PM10/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure, but it might have to do with the interstitial showing, but your app not running anymore.

Is the interstitial clickable if you put it somewhere else while the user is in your app?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Oct 6, 2014, 9:05:35 PM10/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'd also like to say that personally I don't think interstitials on app close is a good user experience. Take a look at the interstitial best practices for ideas on interstitial ad placement.

venkatramanan Ramasubramanian

Oct 8, 2014, 2:29:40 AM10/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. Ads are working fine inside the application. It didn’t work only on the exit.

Regards,
Venkat.

--

---