SDK tried to perform a networking task before being initialized.

Jay K

Aug 5, 2024, 12:24:40 AM (6 days ago) Aug 5
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I got this error when calling reward video ads.
I set all code by following GAD guide. and use Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK version 11.5.0
And Also i tried to set "use_frameworks! :linkage => :static" but it didn't work.
==

Error Domain=com.google.admob Code=2 "SDK tried to perform a networking task before being initialized." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=SDK tried to perform a networking task before being initialized., gad_response_info=  ** Response Info **

    Response ID: (null)

  ** Loaded Adapter Response **

    (null)

  ** Extras Dictionary **

    {

    }

  ** Mediation line items **

}

==

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 5, 2024, 1:33:01 AM (5 days ago) Aug 5
to hant...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK Support team.

It is always recommended to keep the SDKs up to date to avoid such issues. As of today, the latest version of iOS is 11.7.0.

Could you confirm whether the mentioned issue is reproducible in our Google sample project? If yes, kindly share the below information privately so we can review it and try to replicate the problem. After doing so, we will be better equipped to offer a solution.

  • ad unit ID
  • Sample project reproducing the issue
  • Steps to replicate the issue

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files via reply to author option or by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002vEY2sQAG&entry.80707362=00260860

2. Fill out all fields and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02vEY2s:ref" (ADR-00260860)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 5, 2024, 5:33:07 AM (5 days ago) Aug 5
to hant...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

In conjunction with the previous response please check the following response.

Since you were facing error code 2: Network error, the error code 2 means the ad request was unsuccessful due to network connectivity that wasn't caused by the Google Mobile Ads SDK. This could be due to a phone switching networks or network disturbances distorting the communication between the app and the Ad Server. Some Telecom providers may also limit specific traffic due to policy, which can also lead to such an error. With that, kindly check your network connectivity or try another network and try again. Kindly  refer to Network error. Can you confirm if you have followed this help center article from Google Play team: Fix internet connection problems on Android devices.

Please provide the information that was requested earlier.