After video from ad ends, my outside music resumes and game sounds turned off forever. (Unity iOS)

Isaiah

Jul 5, 2020, 6:41:07 PM7/5/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I have been trying to research this for a few weeks now and no solutions seem to work. I tried changing the av audio categories also in UnityAppController.mm under willFinishLaunchingWithOptions in Xcode for my Unity game and nothing worked. When I am playing both my music (from another app) and game sounds, the ad starts and both are turned off as expected. The issue is when the video from the ad ends ONLY my music gets resumed and my game sounds are muted or turned off forever. Also to note, when I don't play outside music, my game sounds resume.

I debugged the issue in Xcode and got this error in the console right when the video ends and only my music gets resumed:

[avas] AVAudioSession.mm:997:-[AVAudioSession setActive:withOptions:error:]: Deactivating an audio session that has running I/O. All I/O should be stopped or paused prior to deactivating the audio session.

Game Engine: Unity 2019.3.15f1
Mobile Ads SDK version package: 5.2.0
OS: macOS Catalina
Device: iPhone XR

Best,

Isaiah

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 5, 2020, 8:09:33 PM7/5/20
to ij2...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you for raising this to us.

Upon checking, I can see that you've already created a similar issue on this thread. Your concern had been handled by my colleague, Ziv and he's asking some details for him to proceed with his investigation. Please respond on that thread instead for better tracking of the issue.

Regards,

Mark Albios

Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q21jIhn:ref

Isaiah

Jul 5, 2020, 8:13:26 PM7/5/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

Okay thanks, I will continue on the other thread.

Best,

Isaiah