AdMob SDK 4.6.1 causes ANR

Shane Doyle

Dec 23, 2013, 6:34:33 AM12/23/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
We have been having some issues with our app and AdMob. Ever since we have implemented AdMob some of our users are facing ANR's.

Removing AdMob from the app fixes the issue but this is not a solution as we require it.

We are able to reproduce the issue by performing the following steps;

1. Load the AdMob banner via loadAd().
2. Start the app.
3. Click the Back button after loadAd() has been called but before the banner has loaded.
4. The app will cause an ANR.

It is a similar issue as described in the following posts which resolves the issue by downgrading the version of AdMob SDK.

It seems to be happening more frequent to devices running Gingerbread but it also affects devices running ICS and Jelly Bean.

This is has now become a major issue as it is the single cause of our app receiving poor ratings on Google Play.

Is there any workarounds to the issue?

William Ferguson

Dec 26, 2013, 8:59:47 AM12/26/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Which version of Admob are you using.
Your subject say 4.6.1 (which is very old) but you reference 6.4.1 in your post.

If it is 4.6.1 then you really should upgrade.

William

Shane Doyle

Dec 26, 2013, 9:14:42 AM12/26/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

Sorry that was a typo, the sdk version is 6.4.1.

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Dec 26, 2013, 4:29:37 PM12/26/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shane,

We'll look into this issue. In the meantime, please feel free to follow up if you find any workarounds.

Amy Quispe

Shane Doyle

Jan 6, 2014, 4:59:14 AM1/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy,

Have you been able to look into this issue?