Admob support for Fire OS

Shweta Yadav

May 24, 2022, 12:41:13 AM5/24/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi team, I want to make my app live in Amazon Appstore, as per the Admob's documentation here (https://support.google.com/admob/answer/9989980?hl=en#zippy=%2Capps-listed-in-google-play-or-the-apple-app-store%2Capps-listed-in-other-android-stores-only-not-in-google-play) it says Admob supports Amazon Appstore.

Does Admob support  Amazon Ad id also if we want to show personalised ads to our customers ?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 24, 2022, 11:33:42 AM5/24/22
to shwetu...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shweta,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Yes, Mobile Ads SDK are supporting Amazon Appstore. You can try to link you app in your AdMob account using this guide. With regard to the amazon ad id, the Mobile Ads SDK is just using an app ID which is a unique ID number assigned to your apps when they're added to AdMob. The app ID is used to identify your apps.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bCsAa:ref
Message has been deleted

Shweta Yadav

May 25, 2022, 9:21:17 AM5/25/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks team for the quick response.
By Amazon Id support what I meant was Amazon describes their advertising policy as per here, does Mobile Ads SDK support Amazon Ad Id in their sdk code as per the guidelines given by Amazon.
If yes would it be possible to share code snippet suggesting Mobile Ads SDK support for Amazon Ad Id as per their guidelines.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 25, 2022, 10:03:11 PM5/25/22
to shwetu...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shweta,

The advertising ID works like cookies in a web browser, is only meant for advertising purposes and enables users to reset or opt out of targeted ads within apps. In AdMob, the advertising ID is available via the google play services library: com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:21.0.0

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bCsAa:ref

Shweta Yadav

May 26, 2022, 12:38:09 AM5/26/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
`In AdMob, the advertising ID is available via the google play services library: com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:21.0.0` => What happens in case of Amazon Fire OS Tablet where google play services library is not available, is Admob still able to read advertising ID ?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 26, 2022, 10:08:10 AM5/26/22
to shwetu...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shweta,

Since this is a different product, as far as I know, if the library is not available to the other it won't possible read the advertising ID. But, as my colleague mentioned, for AdMob the advertising ID is available via the google play services library: com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:21.0.0.