AdMob - Flutter - Mediation

FreeLearning

Jul 25, 2022, 8:10:34 PM7/25/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

i am trying to integrate AdMob and mediation into a Flutter project, i added your "google_mobile_ads" package (https://pub.dev/packages/google_mobile_ads).

There are a couple of things I would like to ask you:

1. I followed the initial integration documentation (https://developers.google.com/admob/flutter/quick-start#platform_specific_setup) and it said "See the Android guide for more information about configuring AndroidManifest.xml and setting up the app ID". In that link it shows other steps to do, should I do them or does the plugin itself  (same question for iOS)?  (I wonder why I haven't done them at the moment but it seems to work)

2. If I want to add a mediation (eg meta audience network), I go to the documentation (https://developers.google.com/admob/android/mediation/meta#android_studio_integration_recommended), but I don't understand which build.gradle to put that dependence. In the "Get Started" that I linked to you earlier, the google and mavenCentral repositories are added in the project build.gradle, but in this last link of the mediation network it is written that I need to add the dependency in the build.gradle of the app, and it also shows the google and mavenCentral repositories which I have in the project build.gradle.

I get a little confusing with the two build.gradles, could you tell me where I need to add the dependencies?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 26, 2022, 3:22:12 AM7/26/22
to freelearni...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Since your concern is more on implementation of Flutter for android, we recommend creating a new issue in the Flutter plugin issue tracker to assist you better on this.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2d1No8:ref

FreeLearning

Jul 26, 2022, 8:34:03 AM7/26/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,
I don't understand why I should open an error on GitHub when I'm not showing an error, but asking for implementation answers.

In the header of this group's page, it says "Technical SDK support across Android, iOS, and some game engines".
I simply asked you in which build.gradle to add the dependencies of the mediation networks and if I have to perform the other steps indicated in the documentation in point 1.
Doesn't that kind of question concern this group?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 26, 2022, 3:02:39 PM7/26/22
to freelearni...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The issue tracker gives support for Flutter specific questions while we support the common issues for Native and Flutter. Note that the Flutter version of the Mobile Ads SDK is newer than the Native and Unity versions and this is the setup for support until further notice.

With that being said, the Mobile Ads SDK Flutter mediation sample has the applovin adaptor in the app gradle, when I ran it I saw the logging showed next steps to get app working. I also didn't see a dependency for Mobile Ads SDK in any gradle file. You may follow the sample projects under packages, I found that except for the mediation sample they all ran fine out of the box.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh