Rewarded Ad callback not being called when the user has viewed an ad

Polybit Studio

Jun 30, 2020, 6:39:41 PM6/30/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi, we have an app that is live and another currently in development and they both don't call the rewardedAd(_ rewardedAd: GADRewardedAd, userDidEarn reward: GADAdReward) function after the user has successfully watched a rewarded video.

I have tested that the other delegate functions are being called correctly it's just this one.

Thanks,
Jacqui

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 1, 2020, 12:25:58 AM7/1/20
to polybi...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I tried our rewarded sample app, and I was able to trigger the userDidEarn reward delegate on my end (please see attached screenshot). With this, could you check our sample app and compare our implementation into your app? Kindly let me know if you weren't still able to receive a callback from the said delegate.

Regards,
Teejay Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q21Ahga:ref
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 12.19.02 PM.png

Polybit Studio

Jul 2, 2020, 7:23:46 PM7/2/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
The sample app just crashes for me when I tap the "play again" button, looks like it's unrelated though, something to do with presenting the UIAlertViewController. I also searched for "rewarded:" in the console panel but nothing came up, should I be using my own rewarded ad ID and app ID?

Also, looking at the implementation between my own project and this it's doing the same thing, we've implemented the delegate on the same View Controller that's presenting the rewarded ad and we're calling rewardedAd?.present(fromRootViewController: self, delegate:self)
the same as the sample code. What's weird is that the delegate functions did get called when we first developed the app and released the app but since we moved to mediated ad groups it seems that the function doesn't get called now.

Thanks,
Jacqui

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 9.17.06 am.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 2, 2020, 10:25:40 PM7/2/20
to polybi...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacqui,

Thank you for reporting this. I've slightly modified our sample app to fix the crash that you're encountering. Please see attached file for your reference.
If you weren't still able to trigger the said delegate, you may upload your project (or at least a test project) on your Google Drive, then provide to us the shareable link via Reply privately to author option, so we could check it on our end as well.
googleads_mobile_ios_swift_rewarded_video_example 2_zip.html