Creative Preview App functionality in ADMob SDK code

Maciej Reichwald

Nov 22, 2022, 6:56:40 PM11/22/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,
I'm testing my Ads with Creative Preview App . Sometimes I have large quantities of those Ads and creating+testing them in the app one by one is very time consuming. I wanted to automate this process a bit, by creating ListView with adds, so I can test them quicker. For that, I thought of using AdMob SDK, but it only allows to load already defined Ads in the AdMob web platform.

Is there an AdMob SDK function, that allows creating Ad Previews by adding url+dimensions, like in Creative Preview App? Maybe you could share code sample of that app?

I noticed, that in the AdMob SDK there is function:
MobileAds.openDebugMenu(this, "YOUR_AD_UNIT_ID")
which leads to Creative Preview via web interface, but that is not same as in Creative Preview App.

Regards,
Maciej

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 23, 2022, 1:41:01 AM11/23/22
to maci...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With regard to your concern, I've seen this documentation in our Ad Manager SDK that mentioned that this guide shows how to debug ad serving using in-app preview and the Ad Manager delivery tools. It also mentioned that, In-app preview lets you inspect your own creatives rendered within your mobile app.

Then, for the sample app code, you may check this as the recommended way to open the menu is to include the function below in your app, and trigger it based on a user action.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gRuIy:ref

Maciej Reichwald

Nov 23, 2022, 5:59:01 AM11/23/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Pamela,
thank you for your reply. I already checked documentation and in-app preview mode you mentioned, but unfortunately that's not enough for my case.

What I'm asking for, is it possible to implement my own interface for creating Ad Previews like how it is done in Creative Preview app:

Have a list of Ad Previews:
Zrzut ekranu 2022-11-23 o 11.54.39.png

Create new ones by inserting link and dimentions:
Zrzut ekranu 2022-11-23 o 11.54.17.png

And then launching their preview from the code:
Zrzut ekranu 2022-11-23 o 11.54.26.png

Regards,
Maciej

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 23, 2022, 2:14:01 PM11/23/22
to maci...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maciej,

I believe that your use case is not possible as the Creative Preview app: uses a different approach to display the ad which is not publicly available (cannot be found on our developer document). I could check this and ask for further insight to the team. Before I can proceed, could you please provide your business use case (or benefit) on the said functionality/feature on your end?

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gRuIy:ref

Maciej Reichwald

Nov 24, 2022, 9:55:24 AM11/24/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Teejay,
I deal with dozens of banners and interstitials, which are displayed through AdMob. My use case is to test them and check if said banners are displayed correctly in the AdMob Sdk. Registering banners in AdMob platform and then checking them on mobile side took a very long time (when dealt with a great amount of banners). I used Creative Preview to just have a simple preview if banner or interstitial is displayed correctly and forward it to official publishing. Unfortunately, even Creative Preview is a bit limited and testing all those banners one by one is bottleneck in whole process. That's why I was asking, if there is a way to share how preview feature of  Creative Preview is implemented, so I could customize it for our test cases.

This is intended to be an internal tool and used only within my company.

Regards,
Maciej

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 25, 2022, 2:22:43 AM11/25/22
to maci...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for your response and providing your use case on this. Let me share this to the wider team if this is possible in the Creative Preview. You may keep an eye on our blog post for more future updates.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gRuIy:ref

Maciej Reichwald

Nov 27, 2022, 5:20:57 PM11/27/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Pamela,
do you gained anything worth sharing about my case from the team?

Regards,
Maciej

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 28, 2022, 3:08:45 AM11/28/22
to maci...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for patiently waiting. Currently the team is still checking if this is possible in the SDK side. What we can recommend for now is to keep an eye on our blog post for more future updates.

Maciej Reichwald

Dec 5, 2022, 5:11:51 AM12/5/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello again,
wanted to check how is it going - did team have a chance to find if SDK is offering features that could help me?

Regards,
Maciej

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 5, 2022, 2:24:48 PM12/5/22
to maci...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maciej,

Thank you for following up.

The team was able to check this feature request and they've mentioned that creative preview in our SDK documentation is GAM only. It's meant for reservations, where AdMob has very minimal reservation capabilities. With that, I'm afraid that the team decided to set this feature request aside. You may keep an eye on our blog post for more future updates regarding to our SDK.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gRuIy:ref

Maciej Reichwald

Dec 7, 2022, 9:49:20 AM12/7/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Teejay,
thanks that the team considered my request as a future feature, but we misunderstood a bit.

I didn't ask to add any new to the SDK. I understand, that Creative Preview app was implemented with only existing SDK methods. Therefore, Im asking if you could share how can implement Preview feature similar to the one in that app.

Best regards,
Maciej

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 7, 2022, 3:36:10 PM12/7/22
to maci...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maciej,

Thank you  for getting back to us.

With regard to your concern, I'm afraid that the only available reference right now to our publisher is this. We would recommend to keep an eye on our blog post for future updates regarding this.