MobileAds.initialize() doesnt complete on Android / Works fine on iOS

Richard L.

Nov 25, 2021, 12:48:44 PM11/25/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Since a couple of days, I have a problem with the Google Mobile Ads SDK on Android. Tested with: 20.1.0, 20.2.0, 20.3.0, 20.4.0 & 20.5.0

Everything worked well until November 9/10th.

I haven't made any changed to the implementation.

The error also affects every old versions of my app I builded months ago.
I tested it with several APKs.

It hangs on MobileAds.initialize(...

Please check your SDK and my Android App / Ad Unit.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 18.42.06.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 26, 2021, 2:07:54 AM11/26/21
to richho...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Thank you for raising this to us.

We've received the same issue reported by other publishers as well, and the team is now investigating this. We'll let you know the soonest we have our findings.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwDq0:ref

Richard L.

Nov 29, 2021, 5:41:19 AM11/29/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Any update?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 29, 2021, 9:47:33 AM11/29/21
to richho...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have pinged our team regarding this and have not yet heard anything back. Once we do, we will be certain to pass it along to you.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwDq0:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 1, 2022, 10:12:49 PM2/1/22
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, richho...@gmail.com

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your patience on this.

Our team have checked on this and it seems that the initialization is already working as expected (without code modifications). Can you try again on your end and let us know if you still encounter the said issue?

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios