didFailToReceiveAdWithError doesn't load AdMob in iOS 8

jetliigor

Feb 23, 2015, 6:14:03 PM2/23/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
-(void)bannerViewDidLoadAd:(ADBannerView *)banner{

[UIView beginAnimations:nil context:NULL];
iAd.frame=CGRectOffset (iAd.frame 0, -667);
[UIView commitAnimations];

[UIView beginAnimations:nil context:NULL];
iAd.frame=CGRectOffset (iAd.frame 0, 0);
[UIView commitAnimations];
}

-(void)bannerView:(ADBannerView *)banner didFailToReceiveAdWithError:(NSError *)error{

NSLog(@"iAd fails, AdMob loads");

[UIView beginAnimations:nil context:NULL];
iAd.frame=CGRectOffset (iAd.frame 0, -740);
[UIView commitAnimations];

[UIView beginAnimations:nil context:NULL];
AdMob.frame=CGRectOffset (iAd.frame 0, -667);
[UIView commitAnimations];
}
AdMob loads in iOS 7 simulators but for iOS 8 simulators, AdMob doesn't load banner in didFailToReceiveAdWithError no matter what coordinates i use. What can be the issue?

jetliigor

Feb 23, 2015, 6:15:18 PM2/23/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention, i'm using Google's AdMob iOS 7.0 sdk

Eric Leichtenschlag (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Mar 3, 2015, 12:14:05 AM3/3/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
What's the error code inside didFailToReceiveAdWithError in iOS 8 simulator? No fill?

I'm not sure what's happening here - I haven't experienced the same issue. Offsets should be irrelevant. It would be helpful to be able to run your sample so I can debug the ad request.

Thanks,
Eric