Advertising ID How to use it

Sam Riggs

Apr 7, 2014, 6:55:35 PM4/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello All
I updated my apps to the new adView and google services way of doing things but one thing I haven't figured out yet is how to use or code the advertising ID part of things.
I know there is a brief sample at https://developer.android.com/google/play-services/id.html but does anyone know where there is a complete sample or more complete sample how to add this to code anywhere, I been searching two days and have not found one anywhere.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Sam

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Apr 7, 2014, 7:09:50 PM4/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

As long as you've upgraded to our Google Play Services SDK, there's nothing more you need to do. Our Play Services SDK handles the ad ID for you.

Amy Quispe
Message has been deleted

Sam Riggs

Apr 7, 2014, 8:49:10 PM4/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Amy
Just to be really sure, I'm sorry I just want to double check on this
I won't need:

final String id = adInfo.getId();
final boolean isLAT = adInfo.isLimitAdTrackingEnabled();

At all if I have google services added and the adView coded accordingly to comply?

Thanks for all the help you provided and provide, it's really appreciated

Sam

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Apr 8, 2014, 1:44:24 PM4/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

That's correct. It sounds like you've done everything you have to do.

Amy Quispe

Davit

Jun 5, 2014, 10:23:35 AM6/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy,

I guess at first we should check adInfo.isLimitAdTrackingEnabled() and if it is not limited track in
that case?
Please check links below and write what's your approach: