Ads-lite

E K

Jun 26, 2020, 9:12:36 AM6/26/20
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to use Admob Unity's plugin without including _com.google.android.gms.play-services-ads-19.0.0_ and taking advantage only of _com.google.android.gms.play-services-ads-lite-19.0.0_ (lite version) and if so how can it be achieved?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 26, 2020, 10:30:48 AM6/26/20
to eryk.kl...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

Thank you for bringing your question to us. The lite version can be used if your app is distributed through Google Play Store as described here - https://developers.google.com/admob/android/lite-sdk because the Google Play services APK already has our Mobile Ads SDK in it. Otherwise, there's no guarantee that the Google Play services APK is installed on a device.

Kind regards,
Aryeh Baker
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q219eBC:ref

E K

Jun 26, 2020, 12:52:15 PM6/26/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I was asking this regarding https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity Unity's plugin. When plugin is used com.google.android.gms.play-services-ads-19.0.0 is getting included. Can it be stripped down so that only its lite equivalent would be used within Unity's project?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 26, 2020, 3:11:03 PM6/26/20
to eryk.kl...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

Let me raise your request with the rest of my team. We will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

E K

Jun 29, 2020, 4:25:46 AM6/29/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks Aryeh!

If there is more information required or something is unclear please let me know.