Cannot get past kGADErrorNoFill on new app (despite ads on another more legacy app w/ same config.)

Adam Jack

Jul 12, 2014, 7:36:05 AM7/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have a (somewhat older) application that is non-ARC, manually managed dependencies and so on and I can display DFP ads within it.

I am working on a new application ARC, Cocoapods and such, and yet whatever I do I cannot get past "kGADErrorNoFill".

I am using the same setup (adSize and adUnitID) as an ad I know works, so I don't think the issues can be  DFP setup.

I've checked dependencies (despite Cocoapods doing the setup), moved to latest pods, tried to ensure that everything is correct. It sure looks it. I've set the size, set the root view controller, added delegates to get feedback (hence the NoFill error), added the view to a non-autoresize-subviews view (I believe) and made the ad request.

I've invested hours trying to figure out the problem with no success. I've enabled tests ads for this device (per the one piece of information coming from the SDK into the console), used sample ad units, but nothing helps. Does anybody have any troubleshooting advice for how I proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 14, 2014, 7:51:20 PM7/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

Does this happen when integrating against one of our sample projects? If so, could you attach the project where you're having issues?

Other than a policy issue with that specific app, I can't think of a reason why the ad unit/size would work on one app but not another.

Thanks,
Eric

Adam R. B. Jack

Jul 15, 2014, 5:15:52 AM7/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have problems with samples (not tried recently, but can) but seem to always have problems with my own projects. Maybe I expect it to be simple and miss something, but then it sure looks simple (create, configure, request.) I vaguely recall (a few months back) I had the same problems with the released app (that is now happily serving ads) and I think I found something to do with the parent view controller, or something obscure. I am pretty sure it was nothing to do with the basic calls, something tangential. Of course I cannot put my finger on it, but will try again after traveling.

regards,

Adam

--

---