Admob xml: the following classes could not be instantiated: - com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView

Farzy

Aug 12, 2014, 1:22:53 PM8/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have been getting this error in eclipse, I have done all steps correctly. It's frustrating because it's been day 3 i've been trying to fix this so I can put my app on the market.

Hope you guys can help!

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Aug 12, 2014, 8:31:00 PM8/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Farzy,

Make sure to include the xml namespace values:

Farzy

Aug 13, 2014, 12:53:08 AM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It is included, still doesnt work. a lot of solutions have been suggest in the link i gave above, none are working.

Albert Gazetdinov

Aug 13, 2014, 1:53:41 AM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
If you can not create your project with advertising, then create a project based on a sample extras\google\google_play_services\samples\admob\
Make sure it is working. Step by step to remove unnecessary code. Check your work after each changes. Use basic production code with advertising as the basis for your development. I hope you understand the logic.
I also did not understand the first time. But used the example and I had success.

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Aug 13, 2014, 5:39:42 PM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Farzy,

Are you using eclipse or android studio?

Amy

William Ferguson

Aug 13, 2014, 7:40:15 PM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Farzy, this was answered for you on SO. http://stackoverflow.com/a/25256641/493682

Farzy

Aug 13, 2014, 11:23:58 PM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It does not work, I put the latter code just as a test because someone recommended it, but of course I tried the one he suggested another time.. still no luck.

Farzy

Aug 13, 2014, 11:24:20 PM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
eclipse

William Ferguson

Aug 13, 2014, 11:26:26 PM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Then you need to update your question to reflect that. Because the class you are using is incorrect.
And you need to respond to his answer.

--

---

Farzy

Aug 13, 2014, 11:36:46 PM8/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
All done sir, I also tried making a new blank project, following all steps provided by google and still getting the same problem.. I dont have the old admob but I heard libraries can conflict together to give this error, however this is the only library im importing...

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Aug 15, 2014, 2:58:21 PM8/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Farzy -

Are you able to get one of the sample apps working? (Without changing any code?)

Amy Quispe

dise...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 2:56:49 AM8/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I solve the same problem. Did you solve it?