Testing mediation networks

Joshua G

Oct 30, 2013, 2:16:26 PM10/30/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
 I want to test my mediation networks before I release my app but I don't know how to do that without removing the .testing property from my GAD requests. Is there any way to test specific networks but still use a GADRequest?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 1, 2013, 7:09:02 PM11/1/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately there isn't. Ideally, submitting a test request would propagate the test flag to the mediation networks, but AdMob currently goes through a different flow for a test request, and mediation never kicks off. Providing better testing mechanisms, including this capability, is on our road map, but it won't be available for a while. This affects both Android and iOS by the way.

Side note: The testing property on iOS is deprecated. See https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/additional-controls#testmode for how to properly set test devices on your GADRequest.

Thanks,
Eric