Cannot create image ad: Destination Url field is disabled but also required and blocking Saves

ios...@republicofapps.com

May 9, 2014, 1:22:41 AM5/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to create an image ad for my newly-launched app.  The app is linked to the iOS AppStore and the campaign is properly setup.

When I try to create an image ad, I am unable to save a valid image ad because AdMob insists that "Destination is required".

BUT THE DESTINATION URL FORM FIELD IS DISABLED.  ADMOB WON'T LET ME EDIT IT.  HOW CAN I SPECIFY A REQUIRED FIELD IF THE FIELD IS DISABLED IN THE FORM?

Somebody please help.  How can I specify this required field if AdMob won't let me (because the Destination Url is disabled in the form).

This seems like a very serious bug.

I am eager to spend hundreds of dollars per day on AdMob ads but I can't do so until AdMob actually lets me create the ads.

Please help!  :-)

Thanks,

Joel

ios...@republicofapps.com

May 9, 2014, 1:25:36 AM5/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
See attached screenshot showing how AdMob is requiring Destination Url but simultaneously making the form field disabled so that I cannot edit it ...

PLEASE HELP.
AdMobDestinationUrlDisabledButRequired.png

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 9, 2014, 4:30:18 PM5/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
In my experience, a url is filled in automatically if you have your app linked (which you can do from the home tab).

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure why this is happening, consider filling out this form to contact product support.

Thanks,
Eric