Admob earnings is dropping

Saimoom Safayet Akash

Aug 7, 2014, 10:38:49 AM8/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Though the impression rate of my application is increasing,the earnings from AdMob is constantly dropping in each month. A couple of months ago i have earned 3-4$ per day per app now it is as low as .5$ per day. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Can anybody tell me what should i do now?

Arnaldo DePaula

Aug 7, 2014, 2:08:30 PM8/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
You are not alone, i've had $0.00 RPM for the vast majority of my apps going on like ten days now...out of 32 apps using admob only two have RPM's that aren't $0.00 and the ones that do have RPM's are at $0.40. 12,000 plus impressions today for a whopping $0.31 earned

Amjad Alshteihi

Aug 14, 2014, 1:17:04 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
the same here guys ,, does anyone know what is going on in admob earning since 9th August the earning is dropping every day and today even my google console didn't show new installations for last day
please tell me id you have any idea

thanks,

Arnaldo DePaula

Aug 14, 2014, 1:38:55 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I've resubmitted my apps, it's bumped up my earnings just a bit for the first 24 hours after the app goes live and then comes right back down the next day. I have $0.00 rpm for 24 out of my 32 apps which is insane.

--

---

Amjad Alshteihi

Aug 14, 2014, 2:17:58 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
have you tried to contact some one from admob? what should we do in this case? it is just going worst and worst every day

Arnaldo DePaula

Aug 14, 2014, 2:19:39 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Good luck getting a reply from team admob unless it's an automated one. My years of experience with admob has been full of automated replies unless you have an app pulling in a ton of impressions per day.

Amjad Alshteihi

Aug 14, 2014, 2:24:09 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
So, from your experience what is the best solution in this case? I've read some people told that it is possible and it may take one week or so until the revenue is recovered
is that true?

Arnaldo DePaula

Aug 14, 2014, 2:25:47 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Admob is too unpredictable, sadly the algorithm is a secret so what works for one person may not work for you. My suggestion would be to maybe try targeting larger countries exclusively. I've removed a bunch of countries from mine to see if that helps.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Amjad Alshteihi <amjad.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, from your experience what is the best solution in this case? I've read some people told that it is possible and it may take one week or so until the revenue is recovered
is that true?

Amjad Alshteihi

Aug 14, 2014, 2:35:38 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for replying and I would like to ask some more questions:
- Does that relates somehow the changes in admob regarding the message says:On August 31, 2014, legacy AdMob is shutting down. All legacy ad serving will stop soon.
- I also didn't see any updates in my google console and the number of installs still the same since August, 11

Arnaldo DePaula

Aug 14, 2014, 2:39:54 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Not necessarily. Are you still seeing your daily ad impressions at more than 0? If you are then that's not the problem. It will be a problem after the 31st of august if you haven't updated to google play services for ads. I don't think you'll be able to earn any money after the 31st if you are still on admob sdk in your app. Try launching an update of your app today, just change the version numbers and see if that changes your installation numbers over the next few days. I also think Admob's transition is having problems reporting properly.

Amjad Alshteihi

Aug 14, 2014, 2:58:07 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm gonna change the version for some apps today and I will inform you if any thing show up
thanks for info

Arnaldo DePaula

Aug 14, 2014, 2:59:16 PM8/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
no problem, i'm starting to look at other adnetworks and implementing them into my apps because I can't trust Admob anymore.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Amjad Alshteihi <amjad.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm gonna change the version for some apps today and I will inform you if any thing show up
thanks for info

Muhammad Iril

Aug 19, 2014, 6:13:28 PM8/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
my revenue drop almost 40% since july. usually one of my app got between $15-$20 each day. but these day only between $6 and $9. I already upgrade to the new admob.

Arnaldo DePaula

Aug 19, 2014, 6:20:41 PM8/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

I have a 93% drop

Rithvik Podduturi

Jun 27, 2016, 6:28:31 AM6/27/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I have one lakh(1,00,000) impressions but my rpm is just 0.18$ this is insane

beka

Jun 27, 2016, 9:32:00 PM6/27/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Similar case with me, I tried implementing firebase analytics and link it to admob. I'm not sure if it will give an impact but It looks like the ecpm is better after that. Slightly increase 0.02-0.05.

Ruben Tomz

Jan 31, 2023, 7:41:24 AM1/31/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

There could be several reasons why Admob earnings are dropping, including:

  1. Decreased demand for ads due to changes in the market or competition.
  2. Decreased user engagement or activity within your app.
  3. Changes in Admob's ad targeting algorithms.
  4. Ad fraud or low-quality ads affecting user experience.
  5. Technical issues with Admob's ad serving process.

It's difficult to determine the exact issue without further information. You may want to check Admob's documentation and support resources for any updates or troubleshooting steps, and also consider reviewing your app's performance and user experience to identify any potential problems. Or look for an ad mediation platform that is the best Google AdMob alternative in the marketplace. AdPumb and Appodeal are the two platforms for monetizing mobile apps.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jan 31, 2023, 1:46:21 PM1/31/23
to ruben...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for sharing your insight with regard to AdMob earnings that are dropping. If you have any technical concerns related to Mobile Ads SDK, kindly provide us the details and we'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team