App Open Ads and without internet connection

SF

1:49 PM (9 hours ago) 1:49 PM
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
After switching to the new system app open ads according to https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-android-examples/tree/main/java some users report that if they don't have an internet connection, SplashActivity won't let them continue to MainActivity. It works fine on my test devices even without internet. What can cause it and how can it be treated? I tried to add a function for internet detection and if the internet is not detected, then start MainActivity immediately at the beginning of the activity, but that detection does not work for some phones.
screenshot internet.jpg

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

6:22 PM (4 hours ago) 6:22 PM
to slavo....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

In our attempts to replicate the issue within our Google sample project , we were unsuccessful in reproducing it. Could you please attempt to run our Google sample project and confirm the results?

Kindly provide us with the below information via reply to author option for further investigation privately:

  • app ID
  • ad unit ID
  • Mobile Ads SDK Version
  • Breakdown of device/OS versions affected
  • Sample project which replicates the issue

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb.

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002tJXuAQAW&entry.80707362=00244931

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJXuA:ref" (ADR-00244931)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team