Error Domain=com.google.admob Code=1 "Request Error: No ad to show. Help

J D

Jul 12, 2020, 1:07:18 PM7/12/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Ads were working fine before, not changed ad unit id but now only test ads work not my real ones.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 12, 2020, 9:07:30 PM7/12/20
to dialpur...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for raising this to us.

For us to investigate on our end, could you share your affected App ID and Ad Unit ID via Reply privately to author option?

Regards,

Mark Albios

Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q21l81N:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 13, 2020, 9:13:06 AM7/13/20
to dialpur...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I work with Mark and will try to assist you. Thank you for sending us your Id's in private. I tested your Id's in our sample apps Swift AdMob Banner Example and added the didFailToReceiveAdWithError delegate as described here - https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/banner#ad_events, and implemented it like this:

   /// Tells the delegate an ad request failed.

    func adView(_ bannerView: GADBannerView,

        didFailToReceiveAdWithError error: GADRequestError) {

        print("adView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: \(error.localizedDescription),\(error.code)")

    }

The result i received from your Id's was " adView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: Request Error: No ad to show.,1"

From error code descriptions described here- https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/api/reference/Enums/GADErrorCode, "The ad request was successful, but no ad was returned.". This means there was no ad inventory for your ad unit. This also means that your ad unit id and app id are correct. From your previous post you mentioned you can get test ads which proves that your SDK implementation is correct. Kindly note that ad inventory issues are out of scope of this forum, for we only support integrating the Mobile Ads SDK into apps. The forum that addresses ad inventory is the AdMob Forum. With that  being said, I can offer advice that I've heard that seems to be especially helpful for those who are just starting out with AdMob relating to increasing ad inventory, and this list seems also to be helpful for those experienced with AdMob as a refresher:

I have heard that account setup is crucial for ad serving for new AdMob users, and it's understandable that advertisers would want a safe return on investment just as much as app publishers do.

Kind regards,

Aryeh Baker