Unity3D AdMob plugin problem

Martin Z

Sep 14, 2014, 10:58:23 AM9/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
I am trying to add Google Mobile Ads to my Unity3D project, I've followed this tutorial:
http://wewritecode.com/2014/04/13/setting-admob-android-ios-unity/

Everything compiles, when running in Unity I see:

Created DummyClient
Dummy CreateBannerView
Dummy LoadAd
Dummy ShowbannerView

Unfortunately, when I try to run it on my android device (samsung galaxy s3), nothing happens at all. I am using correct Ad Unit ID (but I cannot see any request inside ad mob).

Any ideas?

Kunal Verma

Sep 14, 2014, 3:03:35 PM9/14/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
I followed the official link and it works for me perfectly. It is similar to what you did though. I check the logcat in eclipse while running my app through Unity. It can display what issue you are having. Also, give a try to test ads.

--

---

Martin Z

Sep 15, 2014, 7:04:51 AM9/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your answer - you gave me excellent tip I can run project from Unity and monitor logcat at the same time - I am not into android so I was not aware of it.

My problem was
AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.android.gms.ads.AdSize
it was caused by mess with my android and unity config - I was using Android Studio which has android sdk inside to download and install Google Play- but my Unity used standard pathof android sdk.
pointing Unity to Android Studio sdk fixed the problem

Thanks for your help!