Can't link app in Admob

Theme HD

Nov 7, 2013, 4:07:36 AM11/7/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
My apps were suspended because of a system interference. Basically I had Pingjam in them and that's why that happened. Now I reuploaded them with the same name and a slightly different package name. When I added them to Admob I used the 2nd option - to manually add them. Now when I try to use the 'link app' function, when I search for my app, the old ones show up and the 'Select' button is gray. Funny enough, some older apps that were suspended, but not unpublished are still there.
My question is:
- not linking the apps will have any negative impact on my earnings?
- after some time will the new apps be indexed and the old ones removed so I can link them?

Thank you.

William Ferguson

Nov 7, 2013, 5:13:59 PM11/7/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
- not linking the apps will have any negative impact on my earnings?

I don't believe it will have any effect on your earnings whatsoever.

- after some time will the new apps be indexed and the old ones removed so I can link them?

I would expect so.

William

Henrik S.

Feb 6, 2014, 9:12:26 AM2/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I plan to publish a paid app on Amazon Appstore with Amazon & AdMob banner ads included. However, since the app won't be available on Google Play (I can't sell apps there as my country isn't "supported"), I won't be able to connect the ad to my app.

Why is app linking necessary? If I won't create a link, could this cause any trouble?

Thanks.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Feb 11, 2014, 12:32:30 PM2/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henrik,

I believe we covered this on another thread, but there is no negative effect on earnings for not linking the app.

Thanks,
Eric

Henrik S.

Feb 14, 2014, 1:14:27 PM2/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

another situation came up, where I'm not sure, how to handle it. :)

I'd like to implement two Ad unit ID's (mine and a friends') in a game. The "screen time" would be shared 50:50. The game would be on his GP account.

Can we both link ads to the game (each from it's own AdMob Control Panel - "Link your app") or only one of us should make a link and the other is left with a "blank" (gray) ad unit?

Could you please help me with this? Thanks.

Kind regards,
Henrik

--

---

Eric Leichtenschlag

Feb 14, 2014, 1:38:19 PM2/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The interface definitely lets both accounts link to the same app, so it's fine to go ahead and do this. Note that you're reporting will be separated across accounts though.

Thanks,
Eric
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to google-admob-ads-sdk+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Henrik S.

Feb 14, 2014, 1:43:08 PM2/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Great, happy to hear that! :) Thanks, Eric.

Cheers,
Henrik