GADBannerView keeps refreshing even I've switched to other pages

Vincent Chan

Nov 25, 2013, 12:57:00 PM11/25/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm using AdMob Mediation in my app which contains several pages. I created a GADBannerView for each page.

I found that when I've switched to the next page, the GADBannerView in the previous page is still keep refreshing.

May I know how to solve this?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 27, 2013, 3:33:34 PM11/27/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
That's odd. Are you using automatic reference counting? If not, are you releasing the banner? See https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/fundamentals#ios for code examples and a downloadable sample project.

Thanks,
Eric
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Vincent Chan

Nov 30, 2013, 8:10:14 AM11/30/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I just follow the sample project, but the same thing just happen. Actually I'm not using AdMob directly. I am using AdMob Mediation, which AdMob network is included in the mediation list.

For testing purpose, I've created a mediation placement which only have an AdMob network. Refresh rate is set to 60 seconds. The Mediation ID is used in my testing project which you can download it at here: https://db.tt/7PYHmH5d

In the project, there're 3 ViewController, and each of them have a banner. If you navigate by VC1 --> VC2 --> VC3, you can see that 3 "receive ad" msg are received which is normally. However, if you wait for 60 seconds, you will see that 3 "receive ad" msg are newly produced due to auto-refresh, which is abnormal since only one banner is visible now (VC3), and the banners in VC2 & VC1 are not visible.

Eric Leichtenschlag於 2013年11月28日星期四UTC+8上午4時33分34秒寫道:

Eric Leichtenschlag

Dec 2, 2013, 1:38:46 PM12/2/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Vincent,

I see what you're talking about now. You may consider creating a singleton GADBannerView that can show in all of your view controllers, but only 1 banner view will be present at any given time. There is a blog post here that explains how to do this.

Thanks,
Eric

Vincent Chan

Jan 20, 2014, 12:20:03 PM1/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!! Let me try it out.

Eric Leichtenschlag於 2013年12月3日星期二UTC+8上午2時38分46秒寫道: