[iOS] 50% of the time I get AdMob mediation response was invalid

Brian Spilmer

Jun 1, 2014, 10:16:31 AM6/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I've implemented AdMob in my current iOS app and I am experiencing a rather odd problem.

Half of the times my test ads work and the other times they do not. When I request a banner ad or interstitial i get a "The AdMob Mediation reponse was invalid." error (kGADErrorMediationDataError). If I come back and run my app an hour later the ads will magically start working again only to break later on.

I currently do not have any mediation setup and I am only showing AdMob ads. If i switch over to live ads when I am getting an error with my test ads they show up fine. I am unsure if I ever receive this error with testing ads disabled.

Any ideas?

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jun 2, 2014, 9:53:51 PM6/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The error message isn't intuitive, but in your case you can just treat this error as "no fill". AdMob didn't fill and therefore the response came back empty.

Thanks,
Eric