Unity Exception: No such proxy method: onPaidEvent

Vasily Che

Mar 10, 2022, 6:45:42 PM3/10/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi all.

I'm embedding a native google admob in my unity project as described here.

Almost everything worked, however I have one question: when I test the android build, each time after native ads loading and calling the OnImpressionTrackedEvent callback I see an exception in the console:

E/Unity: Exception: No such proxy method: _lrzYIkvPC4Ct86Sgf1d6FlyaJ3M._eXQBkxLYQ0eJrSK9oYuIIkse1ON.onPaidEvent

Please tell me what can be done to get rid of this exception?

The version of the library is not explicitly specified, but in GoogleMobileAdsDependencies.xml I see the following

<androidPackage spec="com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:19.5.0">
<androidPackage spec="com.google.code.gson:gson:2.8.5">
Message has been deleted

Vasily Che

Mar 21, 2022, 4:59:44 AM3/21/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Some clarifications:

1. Sample app source code could be found here, compiled apk is here

2. Steps to reproduce:

 - Install and run the attached file AdMobTest.apk

 - Click "Init ads" button

 - Wait until "Request ads" button becomes active

 - Press "Request ads" button.

Expected result: Ad loaded and registered successfully, no exceptions
Actual result: Ad assets registration throws the following exception: No such proxy method: _lrzYIkvPC4Ct86Sgf1d6FlyaJ3M._eXQBkxLYQ0eJrSK9oYuIIkse1ON.onPaidEvent

Please see attached AdMobTest_log_1.txt

3. Unity Version

Reproducible on: Unity 2020.3.18, Unity 2020.3.30

4. SDK version:

SDK version is not explicitly specified, unity package is called GoogleMobileAds-native.unitypackage, and does not contain any version declaration

In GoogleMobileAdsDependencies.xml I see the following versions: com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:19.5.0, com.google.code.gson:gson:2.8.5

AdMobTest_log_1.txt

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Mar 22, 2022, 3:38:03 AM3/22/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for providing the requested information.

Can you confirm if you implemented both unity plugin and native plugin in your application where you encountered this error? In addition to that, can also you confirm if you've tried to use the new unity version that supports and tested on the new version(Google Play services 20.6.0) of the AdMob SDK for android?

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2XnVTx:ref

Vasily Che

Mar 22, 2022, 9:43:54 AM3/22/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hi Princess Pamela

>Can you confirm if you implemented both unity plugin and native plugin in your application where you encountered this error?

Yes.

I imported unity plugin (I tried both GoogleMobileAds-v6.1.2.unitypackage and GoogleMobileAds-v7.0.0.unitypackage)  into the project then I imported the native plugin (GoogleMobileAds-native.unitypackage)

(please note that GoogleMobileAds-native overwrites the following libraries during the import process: GoogleMobileAds.dll, GoogleMobileAds.Core.dll and GoogleMobileAds.Common.dll)

After that I can reproduce described behavior: on native ad asset registration I can see the following exception

Unity: Exception: No such proxy method: _lrzYIkvPC4Ct86Sgf1d6FlyaJ3M._eXQBkxLYQ0eJrSK9oYuIIkse1ON.onPaidEvent(System.Int32,System.Int64,System.String)

>In addition to that, can also you confirm if you've tried to use the new unity version that supports and tested on the new version(Google Play services 20.6.0) of the AdMob SDK for android?

GoogleMobileAds-native overwrites GoogleMobileAdsDependencies.xml and replaces play-services-ads:20.6.0 with play-services-ads:19.5.0.

Please see attached GoogleMobileAds-native import screenshot

WBR

Vasily

вторник, 22 марта 2022 г. в 10:38:03 UTC+3, mobileadssdk:
2022-03-22_12-25-57.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Mar 22, 2022, 11:32:11 AM3/22/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for your response.

Since you mentioned that you're using both unity plugin and native plugin. This might be the reason for these errors as GoogleMobileAds-native.unitypackage is not compatible with GoogleMobileAds-v6.x.x.unitypackage. Then for the new version of unity plugin to be compatible with the native plugin, we will be releasing a separate Native ads plugin that will have a dependency on this main plugin.

Vasily Che

Mar 22, 2022, 2:06:20 PM3/22/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi, Princess Pamela

If I understood you correctly, the problem I wrote about is that I am using two incompatible packages (native and unity).

I tried to check this assumption by deleting all previously imported packages and partner network mediations, and re-importing only GoogleMobileAds-native

(at this point I must apologize for my own stupidity: after re-importing I noticed the file CHANGELOG.MD which contains the SDK version you asked about = "Version 5.4.0.90")

Then I re-build apk and the bug is still reproducible.

Thus, the problem is not related to package compatibility.

 suppose the problem could be caused by one of two things:

1. A bug inside GoogleMobileAds-native.unitypackage - this is unlikely, because in that case there would be more posts about this problem on the Internet

2. Icorrect usage of GoogleMobileAds-native on my side. However, I can't find what could be wrong, as for the most part my code copies what was shown in the example here https://developers.google.com/admob/unity/native-advanced-unified

WBR

Vasily

вторник, 22 марта 2022 г. в 18:32:11 UTC+3, mobileadssdk:

Vasily Che

Mar 23, 2022, 4:48:21 AM3/23/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hello Mark, hello Princess Pamela

Thanks you for your response.

I've uploaded updated sample project (SourceCode.zip, AdMobTest.apk and AdMobTestLog_2.txt) to the google form provided by Mark

Steps to reproduce are the same:

 1. Install and run the attached file AdMobTest.apk

 2. Click "Init ads" button

 3. Wait until "Request ads" button becomes active

 4. Press "Request ads" button.

 5. Wait until ad is loaded and applied

Please note that according to my investigations exception is thrown when I try to register ad gameobjects, please see "NativeAdView" class "RegisterObjects(UnifiedNativeAd nativeAd)" method

WBR

Vasily

PS

I apologize if I'm sending this message to the wrong thread, or sending it twice. I see the message from Mark in the mail, but I don't see it here. Please advice, is it enough for me to reply to the mail message through my mail browser, or do I have to write a reply here? Right now I'm replying there and here, just in case

вторник, 22 марта 2022 г. в 21:06:20 UTC+3, Vasily Che:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Mar 23, 2022, 10:42:49 AM3/23/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Let me share this to the rest of the team to further check this. We will update you once we have more information.

Vasily Che

Mar 28, 2022, 2:55:38 AM3/28/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Mark, hello Princess Pamela

Sorry to interrupt.

I just wanted to check if everything is OK with the sample project I sent in on March 23 and the steps to reproduce the bug. Maybe you need any additional info from me?

WBR

Vasily

среда, 23 марта 2022 г. в 17:42:49 UTC+3, mobileadssdk:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Mar 28, 2022, 11:17:00 AM3/28/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vasily,

Thank you for following up. The team is triaging your app and this is currently under investigation. We'll update this thread the soonest the team provide their investigation findings.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2XnVTx:ref

Vasily Che

Apr 4, 2022, 4:41:55 AM4/4/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello mobileadssdk !

Are there any news about this bug?

Maybe there are any additional questions for me about the test project?

WBR
Vasily

понедельник, 28 марта 2022 г. в 18:17:00 UTC+3, mobileadssdk:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 5, 2022, 2:38:54 AM4/5/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vasily,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Currently, our team is still looking into this. Rest assured that we'll be updating this thread for any available information.

Regards,
Google Logo
Mark Kevin
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2XnVTx:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 6, 2022, 4:57:58 PM4/6/22
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, were...@gmail.com

Hi Vasily,

The Google Mobile Ads Native plugin 7.0.0 requires the Google Mobile Ads plugin version 7.0.0 to work. [Can you please upgrade the plugin](https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity/releases/tag/v7.0.0) and try again?

Thanks,

Nick

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2XnVTx:ref

Vasily Che

Apr 7, 2022, 1:09:10 PM4/7/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Nick!

Bug is reproducible with the latest version of Google Mobile Ads Native and Google Mobile Ads plugin (btw, native plugin integration documentation became outdated after the plugin update).

I did some research and found that the bug is reproducible when I add ARM64 to target architectures list.

It is not reproducible when target architecture == ARMv7.

Hope it helps

WBR,
Vasily

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 8, 2022, 10:18:06 AM4/8/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for your response.

I've shared this to the rest of the team to further check your research on this. We will update you once we have more information.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2ZKqQv:ref

Vasily Che

Apr 19, 2022, 8:55:49 AM4/19/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello, mobileadsdk

I just wanted to clarify, are there any bug report status update?

WBR,
Vasily

пятница, 8 апреля 2022 г. в 17:18:06 UTC+3, mobileadssdk:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 20, 2022, 4:36:12 AM4/20/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for your response.

Upon checking, apparently there's no update yet from the team. We will update you once we have more updates from the team.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 18, 2022, 10:37:32 AM5/18/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vasily,

I hope you're doing well.

I just want to circle back on this. The team mentioned that this has been fixed. Feel free to come back to us if you still encounter any issues regarding this.

Vasily Che

May 19, 2022, 4:03:33 AM5/19/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Princess Pamela

Im doing well, thanks. Hope you’re doing well, too

I've checked the fixing with the latest Google Mobile Ads Native and Google Mobile Ads plugin and have to say that the bug is not fixed, I'm still receiving "No such proxy method" exception

The only difference is that obfuscated class/method names are changed: earlier it was

Exception: No such proxy method: _lrzYIkvPC4Ct86Sgf1d6FlyaJ3M._eXQBkxLYQ0eJrSK9oYuIIkse1ON.onPaidEvent

and now it is

Exception: No such proxy method: _zJZ3lrBcaj0LlWJ3jFnsJmJ4jKI._vq9Y5qtiHxlHVgL0XzyZXl9nbnF.onPaidEvent

WBR
Vasily
среда, 18 мая 2022 г. в 17:37:32 UTC+3, mobileadssdk:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 19, 2022, 10:29:51 AM5/19/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for confirming that you still have some errors on your end. With that, can you provide us with your sample app where this error are happening so that we can check it further?

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002ZKqQvQAL&entry.80707362=00100978
2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).
3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 27, 2022, 10:19:56 AM5/27/22
to were...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vasily,

I'm glad to know that the bug is gone on the new version. If you have any other concerns related to the implementation of Google Mobile Ads SDK, kindly provide us the details. We'll be happy to assist you.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 27, 2022, 10:20:32 AM5/27/22
to tienh...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tienhagioi,

Can you confirm if you still encountering this error using the latest version of the unity?