Extremely high no fill rate on Amazon Appstore version

Tucker Willenborg

Jun 24, 2024, 9:14:05 PM (4 days ago) Jun 24
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I recently published an Android app that has been on Google Play for > 1 year onto the Amazon Appstore, and based on data so far I have an extremely high no fill rate on Amazon devices. I'm unsure of the exact rate as I'm not sure how to segment ad fills by installation source in Admob (both register as Android), but I believe it is > 90%. I have checked the following:

1. Ads properly show on the Google Play version
2. Amazon Appstore is enabled under Admob App Settings and has been for several days
3. Test ads server properly in the app
4. The AABs uploaded are completely identical between the two stores.
5. The ad units are not new, and have existed from several days to > 1 year.

Admob claims support for Kindle Fire devices, but Amazon Developer is providing a warning about an "Unsupported Ad SDK", and advertisements don't seem to be reliably filling. Confused as to what is going on (is this a known issue with Admob, or is Amazon just trying to push people towards their own offerings?)

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 25, 2024, 4:58:45 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to tuckerwi...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK Support team.

From the perspective of the SDK, we are compatible with the Amazon store, enabling you to deploy your application on that platform. Additionally, the Google Mobile Ads SDK can be utilized for displaying ads within your application. Conversely, Amazon maintained its own catalog of SDKs compatible with Fire tablets.

Kindly be informed that our support channel can only best assist you with regards to Google Mobile Ads SDK implementation and technical issues.

Please reach out to us, if you have any concerns related to the Google Mobile Ads SDK.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJSWo:ref" (ADR-00243656)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team