Ads that do not understand screen safe areas are not indexed by the Blocking Controls, can't block

David Gross

Jul 2, 2022, 11:51:13 AM7/2/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I have AdMob running in my one of my apps on the iOS App Store.

An interstitial ad is appearing quite frequently that does not understand the screen safe area, making the 'x' button nearly impossible to click.

I would just block the ad in the Blocking Controls section of the Ad Review Center. However, the particular ad I am having an issue with, is not in the Ad Review Center. It's not indexed. I have waited weeks for it to be indexed, it never shows up.

Admob Ad Review center is not indexing all the ads it shows.

Can anyone please advise what to do?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 4, 2022, 9:03:53 AM7/4/22
to davidg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out to the Mobile Ads SDK Support.

For your concern “An interstitial ad is appearing quite frequently that does not understand the screen safe area, making the 'x' button nearly impossible to click”, could you confirm if you follow this guide? Also, can provide us privately with the sample App along with the steps to reproduce, and screenshot showing the behavior, so that we can check better?

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002cFfzPQAS&entry.80707362=00112947

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

With regards to blocking ads using the Blocking Controls section of the Ad Review Center, and Ad not showing in the Ad Review Center since it's not indexed, then I would suggest you reach out to our Product Support team instead as our team can only assist implementing the Mobile Ads SDK into apps.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cFfzP:ref
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 12, 2022, 10:48:59 AM7/12/22
to davidg...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi David,

Thank you for your response.

For us to further check this behavior, it would be best if you could provide a project instead, so we could have full visibility in your implementation as well. If you can't still provide a project file due to company policy, you may modify our Sample App iOS aligning to your implementation. You can send it via Reply privately to author option or send it directly to the link below.

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, you can share your files with me by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002cFfzPQAS&entry.80707362=00112947
2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).
3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela