GADInterstitial presentFromRootViewController animation

Danis Ziganshin

Nov 1, 2013, 10:20:52 AM11/1/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi! I'm using GADInterstitial object for displaying full-screen ad and I wondering why I can not set animation type for displaying this ad? My employer wants them to fade in from background rather than jumping from the bottom of the screen. But on the first launch it jumping from the bottom. Anyway, thank you for reading this, you doing good job there!=)

Eric Leichtenschlag

Nov 1, 2013, 9:09:12 PM11/1/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The SDK doesn't provide a method for allowing you to set this animation. To be honst, I don't think much thought has been given to it either way. But my guess as for why it's this way is so AdMob interstitials will all have a consistent user experience, and so it's clearer that the view is being placed on top of your app's view. A fade animation isn't as intuitive.

Thanks,
Eric