admob reward video mediation and unity ads network inside unity

Joe Man

May 3, 2016, 1:48:43 PM5/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I can't get unityads to mediate with admob inside unity itself.

i tried adding just unity adapter and unity.aar/unity.jar inside the plugins/android/admob/lib direction and it doesn't work
i tried adding the entire unity-ads directory which contains the manifest/jars/libs inside plugins/android/admob/lib but it still doesn't work
i have already disabled unity ads from unity service window.

What are the steps to get unity ads to work with admob mediation?

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

May 3, 2016, 3:04:45 PM5/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Joe,

To enable Reward Based Interstitial UnityAd ads, you need to -
  • Basic Mobile Ads Integration - Make sure that you have first properly integrated our Mobile Ads plugin for Unity and were able to deploy on your device to receive ads. You can follow the implementation guidelines here for Android.
  • Account level Mediation Integration - The next step would be to set up the Ad Unit ID properly. Make sure that you have created your project in the UnityAds Admin panel and have added the desired platform (Android or iOS). Once you have done this, you would receive a Game ID, which you would need to set up a Ad Unit ID from your AdMob account. Select Reward Interstitial and add UnityAd as the desired mediation network with this Game ID and Zone ID (used for label and can be anything)
  • UnityAd Mediation Set up - The final step would be to copy the actual UnityAd mediation adaptor and the SDK.
  • Build and Run - This should be it for the integration. Make sure to update your Ad Unit ID into the project. I would always recommend to create a new project to test this first. Also you can use Android Studio to debug the ad callbacks.
If this still does not work, do get back to us with your Ad Unit ID and we would then take this up further.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Joe Man

May 3, 2016, 3:19:54 PM5/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Yes, i have exactly that and it doesn't work.  I have also yet to get chartboost and applovin to work either.  Vungle and adcolony is fine.

my adunitid is ca-app-pub-7850304550335702/9208607670

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

May 3, 2016, 4:39:30 PM5/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Joe,

I have used your Ad Unit ID and was able to receive UnityAd Reward Video Interstitial Ads. So it must be an issue with your implementation. I would suggest you to use this sample app that I have created to see if you are able to receive ads. Make sure that you are listening to the callbacks of the SDK when you are running on your device.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Joe Man

May 3, 2016, 6:32:30 PM5/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I am using your sample app and i am still not getting unity ads.  It gave me vungle instead which is at the bottom of the list.  Unity ads should be the first to show.

Joe Man

May 3, 2016, 6:36:29 PM5/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Even chartboost which is configured in the sample app doesn't show.  It is always falling back to vungle which is the lowest on the list..

Joe Man

May 3, 2016, 10:16:35 PM5/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I created an adunit with just unity ads
ca-app-pub-7850304550335702/1221009279
and using your sample app, i get internal error.
HandleRewardBasedVideoFailedToLoad event received with message: Internal error

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

May 4, 2016, 11:41:03 AM5/4/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Joe,

I was able to receive Reward Interstitials using your Ad Unit ID from UnityAd. I have further modified the sample app, which now only includes the UnityAd SDK for mediation. Basically the UnityAd adaptor must go into Assets > Android > GoogleMobileAds > libs folder and the UnityAds SDK must go into Assets > Android folder.

As for the Chartboost mediation, you need to make sure that you have at least one creative in your Chartboost account for that project. Along with this, the Bundle ID must also match to that of the saved project in that account. Only once you have this properly set would you be able to receive ads from Chartboost.

Do let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Veer Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Joe Man

May 4, 2016, 12:04:06 PM5/4/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Yes, thanks!
UnityAds SDK must go into Assets > Android folder.  It was previously in Assets > Android > GoogleMobileAds > libs

That was the problem, it works now.

AB Gammer

Oct 17, 2016, 9:23:58 AM10/17/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
hello Veer Arjun
              i have also integrate the chartboost with admob but chartboost no showing
plz tell me any solution

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Oct 17, 2016, 11:08:05 AM10/17/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi there,

Have you copied the mediation network's SDK and Adaptor into your project? Make sure that you do copy those files and follow the guidelines as mentioned here. Once that is done, you must be able to load reward video ads through mediation. Here is a sample app that you can test with as well. If you are still facing issues, then do send us your Ad Unit ID and we will have a look.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Ashwani Shinde

Oct 21, 2016, 5:03:52 AM10/21/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
HI bro can u tell me how to setup for rewarded video how to create id in admob page

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Oct 21, 2016, 10:57:55 AM10/21/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Ashwani,

Certainly I would be able to assist you with this. You must first note that currently Reward Video Ads are only supported via third party mediation networks. Which means you must first setup a valid Reward Video Ad Tag on their network and then mediate it through our AdMob dashboard. You can learn more on how to create a Reward Video Ad Unit ID here with the list of supported networks.

Once that is done, you can use our guidelines to setup Reward Video ads into your project and we have couple of sample apps as well that you can use. Here is one particular sample app that has most of the Reward Video mediation networks already integrated.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Ashwani Shinde

Oct 21, 2016, 11:54:17 AM10/21/16
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Bro I set all these thing bananer and second one work good but when I play rewarded video .....it's only play unity ads single unity ads my so ......pls tell me that how to play different different video

--

---

Ashwani Shinde

Oct 21, 2016, 11:54:17 AM10/21/16

On 21-Oct-2016 8:28 PM, "'Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)' via Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers" <google-adm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Oct 21, 2016, 1:09:42 PM10/21/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Ashwani,

I understand that you are trying to add more mediation networks into your stack. Just the way you have added UnityAd, you need to add the other available ad networks for your Ad Unit ID. Before you do that, you need to go through their respective network's Ad Tag creation process and retrieve the data being asked by the AdMob dashboard. You will find all of those guidelines here

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 11:54:17 AM UTC-4, Ashwani Shinde wrote:

Bro I set all these thing bananer and second one work good but when I play rewarded video .....it's only play unity ads single unity ads my so ......pls tell me that how to play different different video

Agung Malaya

Oct 23, 2016, 1:14:20 AM10/23/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Arjun,

Thanks for your fast respons at "Unable to find jar in the system path thread"
And now, I've got other problems. I have copy both the unity-ads.aar and the unity-ads folder into Assets -> Plugins -> Android. When I build apk, error message show "Plugin conflict detected for file unity-ads.aar". Then unity-ads folder was deleted automatically from profect. Can u help me please?

Thanks,
Agung
To post to this group, send email to google-adm...@googlegroups.com.

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Oct 24, 2016, 9:53:47 AM10/24/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Agung,

AAR files are sort of a zipped version of the complete project, which consists of its own Manifest files. UnityAd, in that link that you have provided, has given the complete folder of the SDK and the AAR file as well and it is up to you to choose either of those to copy into your project. I would suggest you to select the AAR file and copy into the Assets > Plugins > Android folder and try to build again. Again, here is a sample app that includes UnityAd SDK and the adaptor.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

thái lê hoàng

Nov 14, 2016, 11:08:54 PM11/14/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Everyone and Mobile Ads SDK Team.I downloaded all your project and run test APK file on android.So Rewared video works but Fill Rate very slow.When I request and click show video about 20 times then can have one time video loaded and show.But I use navite Unity ads or Vungle Plugin without via Admobs.Video always show all every time I clicked.
I created a project although I set up all everything on account and Project but It doesn't work.Can anyone say for me What am I missing?
Thanks a lot!

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Nov 15, 2016, 9:59:28 AM11/15/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Thái,

Since this is a serving issue, I would suggest you to contact our AdMob Product Support team about this and they would be able to look into the issue. You might also need to contact your mediation network directly to see if you are missing any steps in your dashboard.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Marwan Iddouche

Jan 10, 2017, 7:18:43 AM1/10/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
hi veer
im using the sample app example ..the apk on the package work fine in th beggining when i use my ads ID it dosnt so may be i need some hint
i did add unity ads as a thired party i dont know what matter

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Jan 10, 2017, 3:33:00 PM1/10/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Marwan,

You meant your Ad Unit IDs or your Bundle IDs? If you are able to load ads using your Ad Unit ID but it's your Bundle ID that's causing the issue, then you need to contact our AdMob Product Support team and they would be able to assist you further. If it's your Ad Unit ID, then do share us this ad tag and we will have a look into it.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Marwan Iddouche

Jan 10, 2017, 6:26:57 PM1/10/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
i want to know what is the Zone ID / Placement ID and how to get it ;

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Jan 11, 2017, 9:56:43 AM1/11/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Marwan,

This is related to AdColony's implementation and I would suggest you to use their support to get this. It would be in your AdColony's dashboard once you have setup an Ad Unit ID from their end.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Marwan Iddouche

Jan 11, 2017, 1:08:52 PM1/11/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
im using UNITY as third party , and still cant get the placement ID

Untitled.png

Veer Arjun Busani(Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Jan 11, 2017, 4:21:18 PM1/11/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Marwan,

Then you need to contact UnityAd for this. Create an Ad Tag from their dashboard and copy the Placement ID that is provided into AdMob.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
Mobile Ads SDK Team

Marwan Iddouche

Jan 17, 2017, 8:19:15 AM1/17/17
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
thank you .actually i did connect to unity ads and i get the placement id so i was able to show UNITY test ads ..when i turn test OFF to show real ads it didn't shows ,
unity says [ Once you turn it OFF, it can take about 20 minutes for the change to be seen on device. This should allow for AdMob to receive real ads from Unity