Can I still use Google Mobile Ads in my app supporting android 2.1/2.2 after August 1st?

Joe Zeng

Jun 16, 2014, 9:55:42 AM6/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I know that apps with the legacy admob sdk will not be accepted to Google play after August 1st, and Google Mobile Ads are offered through Google Play services library. But if I want my app supporting android 2.1/2.2 to have Google Mobile Ads even after August 1st, how can I do that? Or there is no chance to do that? Please help, thanks for your time,

Joe

Joe Zeng

Jun 20, 2014, 3:33:40 AM6/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

any help?

在 2014年6月16日星期一UTC+8下午9时55分42秒,Joe Zeng写道:

nagamatu

Jun 20, 2014, 5:59:42 AM6/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe,

I removed android.util.Log.wtf by using ProGuard optimization and added android.util.Base64.java from the latest code base.
My application with AdMob in Google Play now successfully runs on Android 2.1, but not on Android 1.6.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-admob-ads-sdk/RTcxbtog0ek/uvy_Iuty29cJ

2014年6月20日金曜日 16時33分40秒 UTC+9 Joe Zeng:

Joe Zeng

Jun 20, 2014, 9:08:39 AM6/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi nagamatu,

Thanks a lot for your information, I will try it!

在 2014年6月20日星期五UTC+8下午5时59分42秒,nagamatu写道:

nagamatu

Jun 23, 2014, 11:53:51 AM6/23/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Joe,

I found other dependency of API level 9 - AdMob SDK 4.4 refers String.isEmpty.

Google needs care for using such APIs - there are a way to write the same functionality without this.

2014年6月20日金曜日 22時08分39秒 UTC+9 Joe Zeng:

Joe Zeng

Jun 23, 2014, 11:38:48 PM6/23/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nagamatu,

Thanks for letting me know this. Since the Google play services library will be updated automatically, so there will be more dependency issue happened in future. So even if we change the google play services library in our released app, but it will be updated in future and the compatibility issue will still rise. And also looks like google does not support ads < API level 9, so we may need to find other ads platform or ads solution other than admob to support < API level 9. This is my point. What do you think?

在 2014年6月23日星期一UTC+8下午11时53分51秒,nagamatu写道: