Error Code 3, No fill

Evgenii Fedorishchenko

Jun 25, 2024, 10:47:42 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello!

I have two published apps. Those two apps have "ready" approval status in AdMob. The first app shows ads banners without any problems (both test ads banner an real one), but the second app doesn't show a test ads banner and I get the following error:

AdMob onAdFailedToLoad, error:{
  "Code": 3,
  "Message": "No fill.",
  "Domain": "com.google.android.gms.ads",
  "Cause": "null",
  "Response Info": {
"Response ID": "null",
"Mediation Adapter Class Name": "",
"Adapter Responses": [],
"Response Extras": {}
  }
}

I have read tons of docs and howtos but after spending 2 days trying to find the reason I finally give up. I just don't know why my second app has problems with displaying test ads banner. I need some help.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 25, 2024, 12:34:45 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to dafft...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Error code 3, no fill error means that the ad request was successful, but no ad was returned due to lack of ad inventory. Kindly note that the SDK just requests ads to the ad server and does not have any control on the ads it serves. For test ads, you can refer to Enabling test ads.

This is more of an Ad serving concern rather than anything specific to the code implementation of the Mobile Ads SDK. I would recommend that you refer to AdMob Error Codes & Logs for more details about the issue.

If the issue still persists, kindly provide the below information via the reply to author option for further investigation

  • app ID
  • ad unit ID
  • Mobile Ads SDK Version

So that we will review your account and let you know why ads aren’t showing.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJSv4:ref" (ADR-00243813)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Evgenii Fedorishchenko

Jun 26, 2024, 6:31:52 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello! Is there any results from the investigation?  I get "Error Code 3, No fill" even with test unit id...

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 26, 2024, 10:21:11 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to dafft...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have tried running the Google sample projects and able to reproduce the issue, upon checking the account we have found policy issue in your account. Kindly login to your AdMob account and fix the issue to enabling the ad serving.

Break down your traffic reports into meaningful segments using app filters such as app name, ad unit and country. This will help you gauge how changes to traffic sources or implementation can affect your ad traffic. You can use Google Analytics to get detailed information about your app visitors, and be on the lookout for any suspicious user behavior. Some questions to ask yourself:

  • Where do my users come from?
  • How are they interacting with my app?
  • Which screens do they view in my app?

Learn more about how you can use Google Analytics in AdMob and how to implement the Google Analytics SDK for Android and iOS.

Kindly refer Understand your ad traffic and app users and I would recommend reaching out to the Product support team as they are better equipped to address your concern.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 26, 2024, 10:36:34 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to dafft...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Kindly ignore the previous mail.

We are able to load the ads in our Google sample project in a real device kindly check and revert back to us if the issue still exists. Make sure that you have solved the policy centre issues as they might impact the ad serving.

Evgenii Fedorishchenko

Jun 26, 2024, 9:20:59 PM (2 days ago) Jun 26
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thank you for your reply. The problem still exists. Moreover I don't see any issues in the policy center...

Screenshot 2024-06-26 220636.jpg

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 27, 2024, 12:21:22 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to dafft...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Please note that our Google sample application was successfully executed using the provided details, resulting in the successful loading of ads. Furthermore, we modified your bundle ID and confirmed the continued display of ads.

It appears that there are certain implementation challenges within your application. Would you kindly share a sample of your application with us so that we may conduct a thorough review and provide an appropriate solution?

If the file(s) you are looking to share are less than 25mb in total you can attach them to this case on your next reply. If you are having trouble attaching your file to this case or if your file(s) are larger than 25mb, kindly provide requested information to us via reply to author option or using the steps below:

1. Navigate to
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkAiXMeYP-fw1W3Z-tT9uwmATEKO5X6S-th0gR2ezdKaaqfg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.400550049=Mobile+Ads+SDK&entry.460850823=5004Q00002tJSv4QAG&entry.80707362=00243813

2. Fill out all fields, and attach your file(s).

3. Please reply back on this thread when you have uploaded your file(s). Please do not share this link.