Incorrect revenue tracking when using onPaidEventListener

Kelly Nguyen

Oct 18, 2021, 2:43:55 AM10/18/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

I'm using onPaidEventListener to get ad revenue back to my server for the purpose of building my internal dashboard. However, I noticed that the the number recorded using this listener has a huge discrepancy when compared with Admob report.

I've thought of 2 possible causes:
- Some users in my app haven't updated to the new app version where I have included this listener function to track ad rev.
- The ad rev returned from this listener function is not the final amount (the rev amount reported on Admob dashboard will have some adjustments)

For the 1st reason, I've waited for some times for my users to upgrade the app version but still the discrepancy issue does not improve. And from my Admob report, I can see more and more revenues are coming from the latest app version already. So I'm left with the 2nd reason, but I couldn't find any documents on this. Could you please help to explain this for me or at least tell me where I can find this information? Thank you.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 18, 2021, 5:30:43 AM10/18/21
to nguyen.t...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kelly,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Could you please provide the details below (via Reply to author option. If the option does not work, kindly reply to mobileads...@gmail.com, then let us know here once sent) so that I can further investigate this issue:
  • App ID
  • Ad Unit ID
  • screenshot showing the discrepancies
  • when was this behavior started