Why Admob Banner drops FPS?

Rayos

Jun 1, 2020, 5:41:37 AM6/1/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,
if I enable banner, fps in old phones drops 15 -25 fps.

If normally play like 40 fps after banner shows drops to 16.

I have tryed with the Hello World Example, just using the banner.
It is normal?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 1, 2020, 9:12:22 AM6/1/20
to guroso...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rayos,

Thank you for bringing this question to our attention.

Based on the limited information that you have sent. Is it possible for an older phone fps to drop when ads are bing served? Yes it is possible, without knowing how old the phone is, the OS and many other factors that would go in to why a phone slows down. But it is possible. As the older phones are not using the current processor or OS might be vastly outdated.

There are many factors that could add up to a slower experience, even if it is just a banner ad.

Regards,
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1ztLNt:ref

Rayos

Jun 1, 2020, 9:54:07 AM6/1/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks for your answer.
Yes i tested in phone 6 years old.
ARm 7
Are some wayt to fix it? Or just try to avoid banner when device is old?

Rayos

Jun 1, 2020, 10:00:41 AM6/1/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Can you provide me some web to check the info to what  processor is outdated? To check before show banner if the devices is correct or bad to show? (Using for example SystemInfo of Unity)
Thanks

Dawood Ansari

Jun 1, 2020, 10:48:40 AM6/1/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 1, 2020, 2:31:03 PM6/1/20
to guroso...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rayos,

It's not a question of which devices, processors or setup within the phone exactly.

Generally speaking the current phones and like 1 or 2 yrs back are safe, with minimal drop off. But as you start to go to older then that phones. The power and ability of the phone starts to drop off. And can have huge effects on speed.

How old is the phone that you are testing against? If older then 2 yrs, I would generally not over emphasis that for development.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 1, 2020, 2:33:59 PM6/1/20
to dawooda...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dawood,

How may we be of assistance for you today?

Are you experiencing the same issue or having an issue with something that we can help you with? If you need help please start a new post and we will answer your question.

Rayos

Jun 1, 2020, 2:41:01 PM6/1/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
My phone is 6 years old.
It is for test to how is work in bad devices...and then i chcked this problem.
Currently I will disable banner if devices are under API 24.
I don'0t know if it will solve de problem but I hope :)

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 1, 2020, 5:08:07 PM6/1/20
to guroso...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rayos,

Yeah a 6 year old phone is likely to have a very hard time keeping up with all the work that the Admob SDK will be doing. So the drop in fps would definitely be expected.