Strange behavior of admob ads

Алексей Белый

May 20, 2014, 8:01:57 AM5/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I have an issue with strange behavior of admob ads on iOS.

I have noticed that on iPad mini (retina) admob banners and interstitials stretch depending on different tilt angles of the device (you can see it on screenshots below). It looks as if they are using the device's gyroscope.
Out of several devices I've tested this on (iPhone 4s-5s, iPad 1/2/3) this is encountered only on one of two iPad mini (retina), but still is pretty disturbing.

Is there any solution to disable such banners' behavior?

SDK version 6.9.2
device iOS version 7.1.1

Thanks,
Olexiy.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 21, 2014, 6:10:55 PM5/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Olexiy,

It looks like a special ad format. The SDK itself doesn't control this. I'll forward your feedback to the formats team. Unfortunately no way to disable it.

Thanks,
Eric

Chris

Jun 23, 2014, 11:04:32 PM6/23/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I am seeing this too. Tilting the phone is causing the ads the move around the screen. even with banner ads.