SMART BANNERS VS BANNER (IN TERMS OF REVENUE)

guy Android

Jul 19, 2014, 10:14:21 PM7/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey I Want to know about SMART BANNERS IN ADMOB
IF I USE SMART BANNERS IS MY REVENUE WILL INCREASE?
IF I USE SMART BANNERS IS THEY LOAD FASTLY AS LIKE STANDARD BANNERS?

PLZ TELL ME I WANT TO USE SMART BANNERS IF THEY INCRESE REVENUE

AND

PLACING REFESH RATE 60 SECONDS WILL INCREASE REVENUE?
OR NO REFESH RATE WILL INCREASE REVENUE?
I TRIED 60 SEC i feel less revenue than 'no refresh rate'

PLZ HELP ME THANK YOU

guy Android

Jul 19, 2014, 10:16:08 PM7/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Kunal Verma

Jul 21, 2014, 11:27:40 AM7/21/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers

Hi

Revenue is variable across all apps and it depends on various factors including relevancy of Ads to users rather than type of Ad. (By type of ad, I am referring to banner/smart_banner).
But yes, Smart Banners sets themselves as per the width of the device.

Be it Tablet/mobile, Smart_banners allows ads to be shown of the most appropriate size.
Similarly, in portrait/landscape mode, Ads will be stretched in width dynamically to make the user experience better. I have seen them more useful in my apps when users uses app in landscape mode.

I am not sure as refresh rate depends on what type of app you are publishing. So, its you only who can judge. I don't think different category/type of app will have same app usage timing per session.

Best,
Kunal

--

---

guy Android

Jul 21, 2014, 10:10:52 PM7/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you kunal
my Question smart banner takes full width so is it takes time to load in tablets other than normal banner ads?

what iam thinking is ssmart banners will slow than banner ads
so if it like this revenue will go down right?

so iam confusing

--

---

Kunal Verma

Jul 22, 2014, 3:15:29 AM7/22/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
I dont think the size will be an issue. Because for text ads, it is the same text shown on a black background. The font of the text may be increased and the small icon of app might be enlarged ( icon has a limit of 150 kb as well). Even the test ads for smart banners are text.( i see them on landscape mobile mode of size 480x32)
Similarly for image ads, AdMob asks for maximum size of 150 kb for every ad image size. So if comparing Ads from two different companies, a mobile ad image can be heavier than the tablet ad image of another company.

guy Android

Jul 22, 2014, 6:07:26 AM7/22/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
k Thank you i got u
and
last Question is is effecting revenue?
means if i use smart banner is it increases revenue or decreases revenue than normal banner

Kunal Verma

Jul 22, 2014, 10:10:02 AM7/22/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers

I can't say about revenue like I said in the first reply but you can have one XML for all screen sizes with this and get the maximum visibility of Ads.

In Landscape mode, it has improved user experience of my app. They would like to use it more as the ads are aligned with the content. Just my point of view as per experience.

Best,
Kunal