How to preload Admob Reward Video?

Vivian

Aug 14, 2022, 10:36:55 PM8/14/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,  it averagely takes around 20 seconds to load a reward video in our game. That's kinda too long and I want it to load in a few seconds. How can I make it take less?  Is there any way to preload the ads? Thank you!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 15, 2022, 2:03:03 AM8/15/22
to heroesevolved...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vivian,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As per checking into our documentation, RewardedAd is a one-time-use object. This means once a rewarded ad is shown, the object can't be used to load another ad. To request another rewarded ad, you'll need to create a new RewardedAd object. A best practice is to load another rewarded ad in the OnAdClosed ad event so that the next rewarded ad starts loading as soon as the previous one is dismissed. You can also check this sample implementation for Unity, for your reference on where you're going to implement it.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dKfUB:ref

Vivian

Aug 15, 2022, 2:52:32 AM8/15/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the fast reply!
I have a question about this document. Does it also work for loading the first reward ad?  For example, when player enters the event page, the ad can be preloaded before he clicks on the "Watch" Button. Thank you!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 15, 2022, 6:14:31 AM8/15/22
to heroesevolved...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vivian,

Since what I've mentioned previously is only can be used using the ad event of OnAdClosed, then you can't use it when preloading the first ad that you need to request. You can try the other ad events to further customize the behavior of your ad, you can hook into a number of events in the ad's lifecycle: loading, opening, closing, and so on. Listen for these events by registering a delegate for the appropriate event handler.

Vivian

Aug 16, 2022, 12:32:43 AM8/16/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Pamela,

Thank you for the reply.

From what I see here, are these all the ad events we can use on Android platform: https://developers.google.com/admob/android/rewarded-ads#receive_ad_event_notifications
Is it possible for us to use  loadAd() to preload some ads when a player enters the event page, then save the loaded ads somewhere and show one of the best ads to the player when he clicks on the Watch button?
Do you think it will save more time? Thanks!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 16, 2022, 9:15:43 AM8/16/22
to heroesevolved...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vivian,

Yes, you may use loadAd() to preload ads whenever you want. In addition, you can have your app preload 3 rewarded ads and keep them in a list, and pull from the list when you want to show the next one. However, we recommend keeping a reference to the ad that's showing until it closes to ensure you receive important event callbacks like userDidEarnReward(). If you drop the reference to the rewarded ad, you rely on the SDK to keep the reference to the ad and your callback, and you may see unexpected behavior or race conditions if the SDK drops the reference too and garbage collection happens.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dKfUB:ref

Vivian

Aug 16, 2022, 10:42:19 PM8/16/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Wennie,

Thank you very much for the reply. We will take a try!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Aug 17, 2022, 2:17:17 AM8/17/22
to heroesevolved...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vivian,

If you have any other concerns related to the implementation of Google Mobile Ads SDK, kindly provide us the details. We'll be happy to assist you.