What decides ad display language?

jamesma93

Jan 25, 2024, 3:20:29 AMJan 25
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I have implemented admob ads in my react-native app.

My app supports three languages, Korean, Japanese and English.

Recently, I have realized that even though I am in Korea and my phone's device language is set to Korean, I see ads shown Japanese.

As far as I know, a publisher cannot arbitrarily control in what language ads are shown and Admob decides that by itself.

In this case, could I know what factors are used for Admob to decide what language ads to show?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jan 25, 2024, 6:52:12 AMJan 25
to t90la...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Mobile Ads SDK Support team.

By reviewing your concern, I understand that you are inquiring regarding the criteria which determine the language in which advertisements are displayed.

Please refer to these Choose your location and language setings, Languages google publisher product support and Supported languages for sensitive category blocking documents for more information about it.

Kindly reach out to us. If you need any further assistance.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02rYcwJ:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Si Wei Chan

Jun 21, 2024, 5:22:37 AM (7 days ago) Jun 21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

I have the same concern here. My app has only 3 supported languages: English, French, Spanish but we have seen ads popping up in German.

This is affecting user experience as the ad is not relevant for the user. Could you please enlighten us why is this happening and how can we prevent this?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Si Wei

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 21, 2024, 6:30:00 AM (7 days ago) Jun 21
to scn...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Si Wei,

You can select your site's primary language during the sign-up process. If it is approved, Google will serve relevant ads to your pages in the appropriate language, even if your site contains multiple supported languages. For more information kindly refer to the Languages google publisher product support, Supported languages for sensitive category blocking, About language targeting and How Google Ads detects languages

Please be informed that this support channel can only best assist you with regards to direct Mobile Ads SDK implementation and technical issues. I would recommend you reach out to the Product support team as they are better equipped to address your concern.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02rYcwJ:ref" (ADR-00220635)