An update for AdMob on Windows Phone 8

Eric Leichtenschlag (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Sep 6, 2016, 12:52:36 PM9/6/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

On November 1st, we will deprecate the AdMob Windows Phone 8 SDK.

What is getting deprecated?

On November 1st, we will:

  • Disable the ability to create Windows Phone ad units on the AdMob front-end

  • Remove the ability to download the AdMob Windows Phone 8 SDK

  • Remove the AdMob Windows Phone 8 developer documentation and samples

  • Remove the Windows Phone 8 category on this forum

What will happen to my apps already in production?

We currently have no plans to block ad serving for existing Windows Phone 8 apps on November 1st, but we cannot make any ad serving guarantees after that time.

Eric Leichtenschlag
Mobile Ads Developer Relations
This conversation is locked