Several doubts about admob policies

Alberto Fernández

Jun 26, 2014, 8:27:36 AM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am developing an app for Android about jokes, like these:

1- Some jokes include "adult words" but no pictures. So... I would like to know if I can use AdMob in my app.

2- Also, I have two google accounts. I was using one of them for Adsense/Admob, and I have created another one for publish apps in Google Play with a different e-mail. Can I put the admob adds from the first account in the second account applications?

3- Admob policies don't allow you to put adds in app with content created by other people. Is this a problem for my jokes app? Jokes haven't got any copyright.

Thanks very much.

Alberto Fernández

Jun 28, 2014, 8:25:14 AM6/28/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Nothing?

Duc Bui

Jun 28, 2014, 10:39:17 AM6/28/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Admob does not allow publisher to have Adult content: it means your app can't use Admob.

Br!

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Alberto Fernández <albertoferna...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nothing?

--

---

Alberto Fernández

Raj

Jun 30, 2014, 12:42:03 AM6/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey alberto,

I'd suggest not to fret about using admob or not. They have problems with adult.content ,but it is messy and fine line to use it or not. There are many apps on play store with suggestive content  and yet no action. And everybody knows how good their customer support with developers.

Thinking abt admob is the last thing you should be doing. First go ahead and develop your app and let it roll. If not admob, there are hundreds of ad networks. Eg: inmobi, millenial media, tapjoy etc. , although admob is bigger and comparably less ecpm,  it is not worth fretting about it. Admob cam be your last priority. The developer is the king with all those ad networks dying to buy publisher space.

Thanks
Raj
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-admob-ads...@googlegroups.com.

Alberto Fernández

Jun 30, 2014, 6:19:34 AM6/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raj,

Thanks very much for your answer. Definitely, I will choose another network, I agree with you. Have you got any idea about what will the best option for my app? I am finishing my app, the hard part is completed, there are only a few more complicated bugs which I am trying to solve with stackoverflow.com.

On Saturday, June 28, 2014, Alberto Fernández <albertoferna...@gmail.com> wrote:
My app hasn't got adult content only few words in some jokes. Can't I put admob in my app only for this? I am seeing in the google play store several apps which are using admob and have the same quantity of adult words that mine.

El sábado, 28 de junio de 2014 16:39:17 UTC+2, Duc Bui escribió:
Admob does not allow publisher to have Adult content: it means your app can't use Admob.

Br!
On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Alberto Fernández <albertoferna...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nothing?

--

---

Alberto Fernández

Jun 30, 2014, 7:05:31 AM6/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi again Raj,

I have created an account in Millennial Media and I have read in their policies "4. Pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit or related content;". Do you know if they allow my content? Maybe I could contact them. What do you think?