Unity Interstitial ad type

Karnpot Tatvakorn

Mar 25, 2014, 5:28:12 AM3/25/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I would like to ask if the Unity Admob plugin can display Interstitial ad type.
If not, is there any work around?

Thanks,
Karnpot

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Mar 25, 2014, 7:37:32 PM3/25/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karpot,

Our Unity plugin currently doesn't support interstitials, but we're working on it.

Amy Quispe

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 8, 2014, 8:20:37 PM5/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
We've just added support for interstitials. You can grab the latest release here.

Galya Stoyanova

May 11, 2014, 6:25:17 PM5/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Very nice plugin!
I have got no problem showing banners, unfortunately I have no luck showing Interstatials.
What could be the problem?
I have integrated the lines of code shown in the https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-plugins/tree/master/unity

using GoogleMobileAds.Api;
// Initialize an InterstitialAd.
InterstitialAd interstitial = new InterstitialAd("MY_AD_UNIT_ID");
// Create an empty ad request.
AdRequest request = new AdRequest.Builder().Build();
// Load the interstitial with the request.
interstitial.LoadAd(request);
if (interstitial.IsLoaded()) {
  interstitial.Show();
}

Eric Leichtenschlag

May 12, 2014, 10:34:48 PM5/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Try listening for the AdFailedToLoad event and logging the AdFailedToLoadEventArgs.Message. One common mistake is to request an interstitial with an ad unit of type banner. This always results in no fill. Assuming you're using the apps.admob.com front-end, make sure that your ad unit is for interstititals.

Thanks,
Eric