getting I/Ads: Ad failed to load : 3 on certain devices error only on certain devices

Olivia Park

Mar 16, 2019, 3:14:22 AM3/16/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi !
I have my app on production, and the ads are displayed on pixel 3,
but doesn't get displayed on my galaxy s7 (Android 7.0, API 24 )
Do you know why only certain devices get I/Ads: Ad failed to load : 3 error from admob, while other devices display the ads correctly?

Thank you for your help!

Olivia

mobileadssdk...@google.com

Mar 18, 2019, 3:46:54 AM3/18/19
to Olivia Park, Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hi Olivia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand your concern.

However, with regards to the issue you're facing, the serving of ads is not device dependent. The error Ad failed to load: 3 means your Ad Request is successful but no ads were returned due to lack of ad inventory.

Moreover, could you please provide to us you Ad Unit ID via Reply privately to author option so we could run some test to it?

Regards,
James Howell
Mobile Ads SDK Team

--

---

Nithin Kolekar

May 13, 2019, 5:10:44 AM5/13/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi James,
Could you be more specific about what "due to lack of ad inventory"?

I am facing the same problem as OP where Interstitial ads are shown on one device(Moto X) and not showing in other (Panasonic T44) but strangely for both devices "I/Ads: Ad failed to load : 3" is shown in logcat.

Thank you

Nithin Kolekar

mobileadssdk...@google.com

May 13, 2019, 3:38:07 PM5/13/19
to Nithin Kolekar, Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Nithin,

Error code 3 means that there is an ad serving issue with your app, where there might simply be no ads to display as of the moment. Are you able to load ads with our sample apps using your Ad unit Id?
 When testing, you would have to make sure that you enable test device while testing to avoid Error code :3.

Regards,
Deepika Uragayala
Mobile Ads SDK Team
Also find us on our blog and Google+ page:
    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com
    https://plus.google.com/115658573333388777174/

On 03/16/19 15:14:22 beanto...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi !
I have my app on production, and the ads are displayed on pixel 3,
but doesn't get displayed on my galaxy s7 (Android 7.0, API 24 )
Do you know why only certain devices get I/Ads: Ad failed to load : 3 error from admob, while other devices display the ads correctly?

Thank you for your help!

Olivia

--

---

---

Nithin Kolekar

May 14, 2019, 3:40:54 AM5/14/19
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
hi Deepika,

Its not like ads not loading completely on ALL devices ,instead it is loading on some devices but not in some other as I mentioned in my previous comment. I am checking release build with my app unit id and debugging enabled to check logcat logs.(at-least that is what I am aware about looking logs of release builds or is there any other way?).

I do have other device specifically for testing and ads are loading perfectly with test unit id as well actual unit id.

If required I will share my ad unit id for testing this issue.

mobileadssdk...@google.com

May 14, 2019, 2:41:23 PM5/14/19
to Nithin Kolekar, Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Nithin,

Given that you were able to load ads on other devices, it is not an issue with the SDK and something in your device might be causing this and that this is not specific to the Mobile Ad SDK nor your code implementation. That said, if you are able to load ads with your release build, it is safe to assume that you don't have an issue with your SDK integration. It might be just the devices issue and we suggest that you reachout to Product Support Team if you still have issues with the Ads after releasing your app.

Regards,
Deepika Uragayala
Mobile Ads SDK Team