Setup Google Play Services

Thye Chean Lim

Mar 30, 2014, 10:24:48 PM3/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using Mac and update everything in Android SDK/Eclipse to the latest. I wanted to test the new Google Play AdMob ads and trying to following instruction in setting up:

--
Install the Google Play services SDK.
Scroll to the bottom of the package list, expand Extras, select Google Play services, and install it. If you're using Android Studio, also install Google Repository (it provides the Maven repository used for Gradle builds).

However, I cannot find the Google Play services in Extras. Can anyone help?

Here's a screenshot:

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Apr 1, 2014, 6:54:29 PM4/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thye,

Are you still having trouble with this? I know you posted a few days ago.

Amy Quispe

Thye Chean Lim

Apr 1, 2014, 10:41:49 PM4/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I solved my problem, but it is very weird so maybe this can be in documentation/FAQ somewhere?

I need to go to SDK Manager options, and force HTTPS - then all the Google Play options will show up.