After closing rewarded ad I've got warning "Exception thrown while unbinding"

Gennady Jaan

Jul 24, 2020, 3:14:20 PM7/24/20
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm now implementing AdMob rewarded ads to my app.
Everything works fine from user side, but I see in logs warnings about exception every time after closing ad.
I've find a few similar issues in internet (for example:
 but looks like it something new, and there is no solution yet.

My app works fine and ad showing fine, but I don't want to get a huge amount of this in my Android Vitals reports.

W/ConnectionTracker: Exception thrown while unbinding
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Service not registered: lt@fc9129d
        at android.app.LoadedApk.forgetServiceDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:1556)
        at android.app.ContextImpl.unbindService(ContextImpl.java:1642)
        at android.content.ContextWrapper.unbindService(ContextWrapper.java:703)
        at cg.b(:com.google.android.gms.dynamite_measurementdynamite@2026...@20.26.14 (110306-0):1)
        at cg.a(:com.google.android.gms.dynamite_measurementdynamite@2026...@20.26.14 (110306-0):6)
        at lu.A(:com.google.android.gms.dynamite_measurementdynamite@2026...@20.26.14 (110306-0):10)
        at lf.a(:com.google.android.gms.dynamite_measurementdynamite@2026...@20.26.14 (110306-0):3)
        at dy.run(:com.google.android.gms.dynamite_measurementdynamite@202614128@20.26.14 (110306-0):3)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:457)
        at ja.run(:com.google.android.gms.dynamite_measurementdynamite@202614128@20.26.14 (110306-0):6)

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 24, 2020, 4:36:28 PM7/24/20
to papa...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gennady,

Thank you for bring this issue to our attention.

I have been looking up the error that you showed in your stacktrace. And found an article here that talks about this message.

If you would like to send us a sample app with the code implementation added in so that we can review what you have so as to get a better idea of what is happening. Please click on the "Reply privately to author" button, and send it to us.

Also I looked at the link that you gave me. And seems to be very similar., just would need to see that posters code so as to be able to say more.. In general I am thinking there might just be an issue with the way that the Service is being called. Not sure yet if its a Java or SDK issue.

Regards,
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q22Yw5x:ref

Gennady Jaan

Jul 24, 2020, 4:52:14 PM7/24/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello, William

Thank you for quick response.
I use Unity + Official AdMob Unity plugin (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity)
So I guess my implementation will give nothing to understanding the problem.
I just call RewardedAd.Show() and then waiting for callback OnAdClosed in which I do some stuff like run premium level etc.
As I said before, all things work fine from the user side. Ad is showing, and after it closing premium level starts as intended.
This warning I see only in logcat during debugging.
Maybe I have to add issue directly in googleads-mobile-unity GitHub. Looks like this problem is on the their side.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 24, 2020, 5:04:21 PM7/24/20
to papa...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gennady,

Thank you for the extra information.

If you could give us a code sample/ sample app so that we can look at exactly what you are doing it will allow us to better find the issue for you.