DFP and Google Mobile Ads Unity Plugin v2.1

marc desprez

Jun 30, 2014, 4:29:16 AM6/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have followed the instructions and the plugin is working well on both android and IOS, my concern has to do with DFP.

How does one use DFP with the Google Mobile Ads Unity Plugin v2.1 ?

Thank you,
Marc.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 8, 2014, 6:39:28 PM7/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

The only difference in supporting DFP is using a DFP ad unit ID instead of an AdMob ad unit ID when creating a BannerView or InterstitialAd. You can also pass custom targeting via the AdRequst.Builder.AddExtra method.

More advanced DFP features like multiple ad sizes and app events are not yet supported in the plugin.

Thanks,
Eric

Joan Morales

Apr 16, 2015, 4:05:52 AM4/16/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, eleich...@google.com
Hi Eric,

I am having the same problem, I can't show my ads from dfp on my Unity application for Android, which is now showing the ads from AdMob, but don't know how to integrate them. Did you figure it out?

Eric Leichtenschlag (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Apr 16, 2015, 5:27:58 PM4/16/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, eleich...@google.com
Hi Joan,

My hunch is that it's a trafficking problem in DFP where your ad unit/size/targeting of your request doesn't match any line items in DFP. Are you responsible for trafficking the ad in DFP as well?

This blog post demonstrates an example of how to make sure your ad unit settings match up with what your request looks like. Of course, that ad unit would also need to be targeted to a line item for anything to serve.

Thanks,
Eric

Joan Morales

Apr 17, 2015, 4:52:17 AM4/17/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
Thanks for the reply, Well I am also responsible por trafficking the ad in DFP and AdMob, so I checked the sizes were OK. I created my order line of type AdMob and also add a creative for Admob advertiser adding the Ad Unit ID from my AdMob account, but I don't really know if it is working because it keeps showing only ads from AdMob not mine.
Hope you can help me!

--

---

Eric Leichtenschlag (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Apr 17, 2015, 1:08:16 PM4/17/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Could you provide the following information so I can take a look at your DFP trafficking:
  • The full ad unit ID you're using in your app
  • line item ID of the line item you're trying to serve to
Thanks,
Eric