Ads for support the development

FreeLearning

Dec 2, 2021, 3:19:26 PM12/2/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I state that I know that asking users to click on ads is against the rules (I never did and I won't) My apps are free with ads, and I was thinking of creating a way to give the more generous users to support me, so I thought I'd create a page where I said for example "Would you like to support the developer? Watch this video announcement, also, to thank you, we will disable all announcements for the current session". So I would not ask the user to click on the ad, just to watch it, and the profit it derives the user is aware of having contributed to the development of the application, and to the disabling announcements for the current session.

The users would then only click the ad if they are interested Is this type of implementation acceptable?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 2, 2021, 5:35:36 PM12/2/21
to freelearni...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi FreeLearning,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While we can not talk specifically about policy. When looking at this and also looking at this section our our documents . We would probably suggest against doing this as it could be considered a violation of the policy. But this also will depend on how you word it.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team